Review from my 14 days trial

alexjp

Hi,

So I had my 14 days trial of order flow edition of motive wave. I asked for support to change the license into the order flow edition, which they did very quickly.

I tested it in Windows and Linux. Linux at first was a little troublesome, but which some changes ( described in the thread i opened in the linux sub forum ) ended up running very well.

I have to admit that I was very impressed with motivewave. Really liked the platform and ... damn... miss it already :) There was some minor issues here and there, but I managed to get all the workflow from the platform I was/am using for about 4 years now into motivewave. For that, I was surprised and very impressed.

There were though, some notable issues:

* The crosstrade feature seems to be broken: If I am using crosstrade, open a position with stop and limit in DOM or TradeWindow, then clear or orders and try to re attach the strategy to the position, it will create the orders in the wrong symbol ( the one without any position ).

* I was a little perplexed that I had to select the workspace and confirm the connection at every startup. There should be a way to create a shortcut to load a specified workspace and without the connection prompt. Meaning... start the app and go directly to running charts.

* Maybe its me being used to it, but also didnt really like the fact that motivewave doesn't load all data and charts at startup. So if I have 5 pages with 5 instruments, when I scroll into them, i would assume that everything is already loaded and running.

* Its a little weird that I can't create some kind of trading strategy like ... stop with breakeven and then after some ticks start trailing.

Overall I am very impressed. I am looking forward to the next "25%/30%" buying opportunity. :)
In the meanwhile, will have to study the java sdk and what it can do. I am a programmer and a I did a lot of developments in my "other platform".

Congratulations Motivewave team !

Spin

Nice review @alexjp. It might serve future users well. Thank you ! (y)

About that 'trading strategy': did you look at 'Exit Strategies' in the Trade Window ?

And please join the "MW-SDK-Crew". We can always use more programmers ! :)

alexjp

About that 'trading strategy': did you look at 'Exit Strategies' in the Trade Window ?

Thanks Spin. Yes I did look. only saw options for stop being "STOP" or "TRAIL", but not to be "STOP" and then become "TRAIL".

MW-SDK-Crew ?! :) where does the crew hangs at ?
Btw ... personal note if you don't mind, are you Spanish ?