quality data from tradestation

godax19

Dear traders,

is data from Tradestation good enough to be sensible for trading, and how far does the historical data go back in the past?
Thanky ou for your help.

Jan

One thing I can tell you is that the interface from Motivewave to Tradestation can't fetch tick level data, so the best you get are minute bars. I found that very frustrating. But the development team insists that this is a limitation of Tradestation, which isn't true, because I have another software that can fetch tick level data from Tradestation just fine. I do use it though on a daily basis to get my market internals and @VX data for free. ;)

Peter

One thing I can tell you is that the interface from Motivewave to Tradestation can't fetch tick level data, so the best you get are minute bars. I found that very frustrating. But the development team insists that this is a limitation of Tradestation, which isn't true, because I have another software that can fetch tick level data from Tradestation just fine. I do use it though on a daily basis to get my market internals and @VX data for free. ;)
Care to share?

Jan

Share what? How to connect Tradestation to Motivewave? When I wrote "I do it though on a daily basis to get my market internals and @VX data for free" then I meant, i connect the Tradestation data feed to Motivewave and just live with the fact that the backfill that I get is only 1 minute candles and not ticks.

Peter

Share what? How to connect Tradestation to Motivewave? When I wrote "I do it though on a daily basis to get my market internals and @VX data for free" then I meant, i connect the Tradestation data feed to Motivewave and just live with the fact that the backfill that I get is only 1 minute candles and not ticks.
The software you use that supports TradeStation tick data.