Problem connecting to TD Ameritrade with CE

daytrader999

When I click "Connect" on startup, I immediately see the following error message:

Even though the subsequent login to TD Ameritrade reports success and that I'm connected, this error message takes me back to the prompt asking if I want to connect. Thus, I cannot connect to TD Ameritrade with the Community Edition. Has anyone else seen this?

ScottyA

Thus, I cannot connect to TD Ameritrade with the Community Edition. Has anyone else seen this?

Same issue here using the Ultimate Edition. I wrote Tech Support, and they said it's a known issue.

Until the next release that includes a fix, the solution is to downgrade your edition to 6.1.17. (I always recommend keeping the installers of the previous 1-3 versions).

I don't know if you're running on a Mac or using Windows, but here's a personal link to the download the Mac version of MW 6.1.17. This link will only be good until I delete the file from Dropbox.

Scotty

daytrader999

Thank you so much, ScottyA. And your suggestion is a great one, I'll keep all my past installers.

rogerthat

I had a similar log-in error with my TD Ameritrade connection. Support said it might be due to also being logged into the TD website simultaneously. I was not also logged into the website.

I'm really starting to question this product's stability. I have had it crash on me many times as well. And I have a brand new, top-notch spec computer.

MotiveWave_Leigh

Staff member
I had a similar log-in error with my TD Ameritrade connection. Support said it might be due to also being logged into the TD website simultaneously. I was not also logged into the website.

I'm really starting to question this product's stability. I have had it crash on me many times as well. And I have a brand new, top-notch spec computer.
If you haven't already, please provide the additional information to our Support Team regarding you not being logged into the website so that they can continue looking into the issue for you. Troubleshooting is a process and usually requires some back and forth to find the issue.

daytrader999

With version 6.2.1, I can connect to TD Ameritrade using the Community Edition. I do, however, note the following oddities:

1. The last entry in my trade history is from May 26.
2. None of my option positions have a last price associated with them, and thus no P/L information.
3. Some tickers like SHLL/WS (which shows as SHLL+) and CMCM have no price information.
4. Total P/L on the accounts tab is empty.
5. There are no column totals on, for example, the Accounts tab. I can see my account value, but not the total value.
6. The login process to TD Ameritrade requires interaction with the web browser, but appears to only work with Safari, not Firefox. It would be awesome if MotiveWave used its own browser for this interaction.