Premarket Data

chora1015

Hello
I wanted to test backtest some strategies manually in replay mode and need to see historical market date starting from 4:00 AM Easter Time but currently I can only access data starting 8:00 AM Eastern time. I use data from Tradestation` account. is it due to Tradestation`s Trading hours start at 8:00 Eastern time? Under tradestation platform, i can access literally 24 hours for stock...
is there way to see chart data starting from 4:00 Eastern time?
Please advise me

ScottyA

Hello
I wanted to test backtest some strategies manually in replay mode and need to see historical market date starting from 4:00 AM Easter Time but currently I can only access data starting 8:00 AM Eastern time. I use data from Tradestation` account. is it due to Tradestation`s Trading hours start at 8:00 Eastern time? Under tradestation platform, i can access literally 24 hours for stock...
is there way to see chart data starting from 4:00 Eastern time?
Please advise me
Are you looking at Futures, Stocks, etc.?

It's been a while (years) since I used TradeStation with MotiveWave, but from what I was told back then by TS Support is that they have a dedicated API with different rules and parameters anyone accessing TS data on a mobile device and also outside of their proprietary desktop software. Was told the intentional reason is to drive traffic to the TradeStation platform.

Don't know if that's the case still, but it might be worth a call to TS Support to find out they manage external data requests.