Platform crash while trading? Timeout of historical tick data

Zhenya

Hey folks,

It's my final day of my trial on this platform, and everything froze. It says "timeout occurred loading historical tick data". Apparently support isn't available except via email. Is this normal?

Can someone tell me how to fix it?

Do you guys experience a lot of issues with MotiveWave? I was about to pull out my credit card and now I'm getting cold feet.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

igor.s

It is possible that the issue with the feed. I use the platform for 5+ years trading futures. It's been very reliable software. The dev team is up to the challenge to improve it and address the defects. Send an email to support with the logs to help you troubleshoot it.

Cheers.

Donovan2580

I will put in my 2 cents. I have been using their software daily (All day long) for only about 6 months, but I have found it to be VERY reliable. Much more than Tradestation in which I came from (Which would crash on me ALL THE TIME). I cannot ever remember MotiveWave crashing on me.

Support has also been very helpful. Granted I have never called them; but they respond to emails in a timely manor and always try and help me in whatever way they can.

Personally - I wish I had found and purchased this software a long time ago.

Thanks,

Donovan

Zhenya

It is possible that the issue with the feed. I use the platform for 5+ years trading futures. It's been very reliable software. The dev team is up to the challenge to improve it and address the defects. Send an email to support with the logs to help you troubleshoot it.

Cheers.
Thanks Igor!

Zhenya

I will put in my 2 cents. I have been using their software daily (All day long) for only about 6 months, but I have found it to be VERY reliable. Much more than Tradestation in which I came from (Which would crash on me ALL THE TIME). I cannot ever remember MotiveWave crashing on me.

Support has also been very helpful. Granted I have never called them; but they respond to emails in a timely manor and always try and help me in whatever way they can.

Personally - I wish I had found and purchased this software a long time ago.

Thanks,

Donovan

Thank you Donovan. I just went ahead and purchased it. They are looking into my crashes.

I keep getting this error message every few weeks "cannot load historical tick data". it goes away once i restart my computer, but this is extremely inconvenient as it has now become a fairly frequent thing. Couldnt find anything where people explain how to fix this. When this happens, it happens on all CME and CBOT and NYMEX tickers.

Isa

Hola Buenos días, también tengo el mismo problema, ayer actualice versión 6.5, y termine el día bien, aunque note que unas de mis estrategias Trail, no mostraba Show, pero pude manejarme en manual. pero hoy 18/05/2021 toda mi configuración falla, aun no pude resolverlo. No muestra historial ni velas, aunque el DOM muestra movimiento. Espero se solucione. Reinstale la aplicación de cero. Configure cuenta de Cero, No hay solución de momento.791

Isa

Hola Nuevamente, Motivewave parece que esta todo correcto, el problema es para los usuarios con Rithmic. Motivewave funciona correctamente con otras fuentes de datos, Tener paciencia.

Donovan2580

I keep getting this error message every few weeks "cannot load historical tick data". it goes away once i restart my computer, but this is extremely inconvenient as it has now become a fairly frequent thing. Couldnt find anything where people explain how to fix this. When this happens, it happens on all CME and CBOT and NYMEX tickers.

View attachment 789View attachment 790

I am guessing your data feed is Rithmic - They have been having issues all night (I received an email from my broker).

Keep in mind an error like this is generally going to be an issue with your data feed rather than MotiveWave. In general MW is just a program to display data... If something is wrong with the data feed the program cannot do it's job.

Thank you, it seems the connection has since been fixed. The only odd thing here is that while it does seem it was a Rithmic data feed issue, my other platforms continued working without any issue on Rithmic data, not sure how the backend of that works for it to not work for MW but work for Jigsaw or bookmap

Denvermotive

I am guessing your data feed is Rithmic - They have been having issues all night (I received an email from my broker).

Keep in mind an error like this is generally going to be an issue with your data feed rather than MotiveWave. In general MW is just a program to display data... If something is wrong with the data feed the program cannot do it's job.
I had the same issue with Rithmic feed on 05/17 couple hours before market close too.

flylife

View attachment 789View attachment 790
I am having the same problem, restarting the computer doesn't help, none of my ES charts are loading, what can I do please?

Donovan2580

I am having the same problem, restarting the computer doesn't help, none of my ES charts are loading, what can I do please?
Are you on a Rithmic feed?

If so - the only work around I have found for this is to login to another server. (Pick something other than Chicago).

1670329166266.png

Donovan2580

I was under the impression that you were getting this error message since you posted on this thread

1670329902218.png

So you are able to connect, but not load any charts? What symbol are you trying to load?

flylife

I was under the impression that you were getting this error message since you posted on this thread

View attachment 1503

So you are able to connect, but not load any charts? What symbol are you trying to load?
Yes that is the error I am getting, I got the other erorr when I tried to go to any other server other than Chicago. I am trying to load ESZ2. Worked fine for few weeks and now has decided to stop...

flylife

Just started working again when I swithed back to Chicago...Thanks for your help.