Pivot Moving Average

Babyfish

I'm new to MotiveWave and I'm trying to create an SMA that calculates (High+Low+Close)/3. If anyone can help me create this or guide me to the built-in SMA code so that I can modify it, I would greatly appreciate. Keep in mind that I am not a programmer.

Thanks,

Babyfish

Hello @Babyfish and welcome to the MW-forums.

This can certainly be done, and it does only require a bit of programming.

I would advise you to setup your Development Environment first:
https://support.motivewave.com/forum/index.php?threads/sdk-spins-utlimate-intellij-setup-thread.664/

And then find the SMA-Study in the SDK-sample-Studies package to slightly alter it :)
This is very daunting to me. Is there a way we can be in touch? I have a few codes I would like to get converted to MotiveWave. Is that something you could possibly help with? Nothing crazy and complicated but programing is incredibly foreign to me.
But I do appreciate the reply.

igor.s

Take a look at a built-in study "Simple Moving Average" with input set to "Typical Price". It does that job.

cheers.

rickierich

Take a look at a built-in study "Simple Moving Average" with input set to "Typical Price". It does that job.

cheers.
can you mod your custom grid code please I want 1.xxxxxx or simply a version that can be used with currencies gbp/USD usd/cad and aud/usd etc. thanks they need at least 1.xxxxx