News indicator?

steee

does anyone know if there's some kind of economic news indicator? I'm looking for something like this or this that gives a quick title and time of the event.

Spin

Funny that you should ask :)

I recently had a meeting with a firm that provides a plethora of market info, and am writing the first lines of code to turn that into a Study for MW.
The idea is to have the ability to plot (vertical) lines on a chart where news will happen / happened, with a small symbol at the top / bottom.
By hovering the mouse over the symbol, you would get the info, updated soon after the event.

Since the data does not come for free, it would become a paying Study, probably a monthly subscription.
There will probably be different packages:
  • only market news (Stock news, press releases, interest rate decisions, ...)
  • an extra package for Stock fundamentals (financial statements, balance statements, key metrics, scores, ...)
  • another package for Company Information (market capitalisation, company core info, ...)
No worries: I negotiated pretty good conditions, so it won't be too expensive ;)

This is work in progress, so patience will -once again- prove to be a virtue (y)

steee

oh nice! Was thinking of something exactly like that.. i found a few services and apis that offer something free so I may make something as a free lite alternative.. just wanted to see if there was anything existing before making something