New user config questions

adriann

Hello everyone,
I am a new user on motivewave and I had a couple basic configuration questions.

First, in the image below, is there any way to remove those price axis markers (circled in red)

Second and most important, I am trying to trade futures. More specifically breakouts so I want to set a limit order to buy at the price specified.
My problem is that when I click the limit price above the current price at which I would want to buy (for example in the picture below at 13080), it submits a sell order instead of a buy like in this picture below:

How can I make it be a buy order (with a sell for the brackets) instead of a sell order and buy for brackets ?
Thank you

Donovan2580

Hi Adriann,

First question is easy to solve. Look at the menu below and just uncheck the high and low boxes.

Second question - If you want a resting order to go long above the current price that would be a buy stop order. By nature a limit order above current prices is a sell order. I am 95% sure this is correct information - If anyone else sees this in a different way feel free to correct me. I do not trade on the chart, but rather from the DOM... If NQ is at 13,750 and I want to get long when/if it hits 13,800 I place a stop order in the DOM. A limit order @ 13,800 would be a short.

Hope this helps,

Donovan

Chart Pref.JPG