MW lockup on ubuntu

nux

After you lunched the app, when selecting the workspace to continue go to Options -> Advanced Do you have 4GD ram ?

Per

I also had a hang on Ubuntu today, and this prompted me to do some debugging of what is going on.

I filed a support request mentioning that the startup script on Linux is broken. Essentially it isn't possible to set VM arguments properly.

Hopefully they will fix this at some point.

nux

I also had a hang on Ubuntu today, and this prompted me to do some debugging of what is going on.

I filed a support request mentioning that the startup script on Linux is broken. Essentially it isn't possible to set VM arguments properly.

Hopefully they will fix this at some point.

Try to add your argument(s) into the VM argument variable VM_ARGS="YourArgument(s)" separated by comma or space in the startup script run.sh usually located to /usr/share/motivewave and try if that works for you.

Or add them as mentionned here !

Hope that helps !

Last edited:

Per

I just updated the startup script to fix the problem semi-permanently.

Bruiser

It’s a dual core MacBook that came with 1GB of ram. I went to options>advanced and see default is 1GB heap. I put a spare 1Gb from Mac Pro In it to total 1.5. Should I drop the default below 1?

Per

Are you sure about those numbers? I very much doubt you can buy a MacBook pro(?) with 1 GB of RAM.

Bruiser

It’s a MacBook, not pro. I added another 1Gb which I had and it seems happy