Multiple Rithmic connections trading the same instrument

Null

Hello,

I'm trying to setup 3 charts of the same instrument but from 3 different Rithmic connections. I pick the instrument from the right connection when creating the chart. But it seems MotiveWave interprets all 3 instruments as 1. In the end, I can only trade 1 connection as the others show this kind of log :

00:53:28 WARNING RithmicService::updatePosition() Account: ABCD1234 not found!

Most likely because it is looking for that account on the wrong connection. How could I make sure the 3 instruments stay split and respect their trading connection?

Thank you!

Null

In fact, whatever chart/instrument I'm on, it's always the same account from the same connection I can trade.

Open chart-MNQZ0-connection1, chart-MNQZ0-connection2, chart-MNQZ0-connection3, all I can trade on all of these is the account of connection1.

Null

It seems the connection that supersedes the others is the last one I set in workspace settings. It's the one I end up being able to trade. And the other accounts try to connect to the broker through this one too, which fails of course.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

Although both our Professional and Ultimate editions support multiple connections in the same workspace, multiple Rithmic connections in the same workspace are not supported. As an alternative, you can run another separate instance of MotiveWave for each of the other Rithmic connections.

Is it possible to copy trades between MW instances? Could that be submitted as a feature request if it isn't?