Multiple Instances?

kcking

How do I open multiple instances of MW? I have the Order Flow edition and need to connect to 2 different broker/workspaces at the same time. When I try to open up MW on my Mac, the app just hangs...

igor.s

The platform does not support multiple instances. But you can create multiple connections to different brokers and to use multiple desktops at the same time.

Omegaknight

I don't know if it makes a difference. But I have Ultimate Edition. All I do is start it up again. I run two quite often.

kcking

The platform does not support multiple instances. But you can create multiple connections to different brokers and to use multiple desktops at the same time.

Interesting... how do you open multiple desktops? I only have the Order Flow edition.

lthiers

The Desktops feature is only available in the professional and Ultimate editions.

On any edition you can open multiple instances of MotiveWave like Omegaknight . I have tried (I have EW Lite edition) and it works. I use Mac and I did copy/paste the application icon ran both in parallel.

The Desktop feature might still be appealing for other purposes.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

To run a second instance on the mac, you would have to use Terminal. Try the following:
1. From the Applications > Utilities folder, select Terminal
2. In your terminal type in the following command: open -n -a MotiveWave.app

That should start the second instance. On a windows machine, a second instance can be started by simple double clicking on the MotiveWave application icon again.

lthiers

Hi Joe sorry for asking, not urgent, but what is the difference/advantage between :

(i) copy/paste the App and run both in //
(ii) your solution with Terminal ?

Rgds,