Multi anchor VWAPs

GeonsVL

Hi! I want to add multi VWAP studies on the same symbol with different anchor times/dates. Every time when I add the second VWAP, it overwrite my first VWAP. If I add different analysis it works, but I don't want it, because I want to view my VWAPs in many timeframes who share the same analysis chart. Can anyone help me to make this happen? Thanks!

ScottyA

Would you elaborate what you mean by different anchor times/dates? For example, do you mean the difference between RTH and Globex for futures, or did you have in mind the ability to select a custom beginning like the hand-drawn TPO or VP tools?

I have no problem creating two VWAPs on the same chart with different settings: a 1-day (blue/red) and a 1-hour (purple/orange), but I suspect this is only a part of what you want.

Attachments

• NQZ19 - Primary Analysis - Dec-04 0935 AM (5 min).png
    NQZ19 - Primary Analysis - Dec-04 0935 AM (5 min).png
    555.9 KB · Views: 72

GeonsVL

Hi ScottyA and thank you for your answer. The solution for my problem was to change the VWAP settings. I was added 2 VWAPs with the same timeframe settings, but as I saw on your image, if I change the second to different timeframe, then I can anchor it in any place I want. So, thank you again for your help!

GeonsVL

Another thing: What about MW developers to add a "starting point" to an Anchored VWAP, (just like a trendline or Fibo lines), so to be able to move this VWAP back and front with a drag n drop click... TC2000 trading platform has already this indicator many years now, and I know recently a plug-in for NinjaTrader too (check this video). How difficult is to make this happen?

Trade4ticks

@ScottyA You mentioned above about having separate VWAPs for RTH and Globex. Any idea how to do this? I'm actually trading stocks, so I'd like 1 for RTH and 1 to include pre-market. They would both be Timeframe: 1 Day, but I don't see a way to tell a study to include or exclude the extended session or to use a separate start time.

ScottyA

I don't have a means for RTH and Globex, but I do for time frames like 1 day and 1 hour.

Out of curiosity @Trade4ticks ...what edge would that info provide you?

Trade4ticks

@ScottyA I switched from Futures to Equities recently and there seem to be different stocks that behave differently around a VWAP starting at 9:30 versus a VWAP that starts at 4am to include pre-market, so I'd like to see both so I can learn when each is relevant. I generally trade stocks when they relative volume is up with earnings or other news, and there seem to be some clean VWAP touches a few hours after the open. That pre-market volume can sometimes be high enough to really throw VWAP off.

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Another thing: What about MW developers to add a "starting point" to an Anchored VWAP, (just like a trendline or Fibo lines), so to be able to move this VWAP back and front with a drag n drop click... TC2000 trading platform has already this indicator many years now, and I know recently a plug-in for NinjaTrader too (check this video). How difficult is to make this happen?

Hello,

I have added a feature request to be able to click and drag the VWAP anchor point.

Regards.

Wnorton

Thansk for the information Everyone. I am potentially moving to Motive Wave from Ninja 8. I am wondering if the VWAP set up is as easy as selecting 2 days for calculations? I would like to build a 2 day VWAP.