Mouse wheel sensitivity issue in chart zoom in/out (Mac)

heispark

When I use iMac and its Apple mouse, chart zoom in/out sensitivity using mouse wheel is not very smooth. Because of this issue, I use + / - key to zoom in/out charts instead of mouse wheel. TradingView and JForex have no this issue. You may want to have a look.
Thanks

The mouse I use:

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello,

Is there anyway you can create a video of this zoom/scrolling issue and email the link to support@motivewave.com ? Also please try the scroll at slower speeds as well so the video frame rate can keep up.

I have tried to zoom in/out on a scroll wheel and it seems to be smooth.

Thank you.

heispark

Hi, Jason

Sure, I will send the link to the following video to your support team.

Thanks,
Justin

GeonsVL

I totally agree with heispark . I have the same bad experience in Mac OS, my mouse wheel is not very smooth. This is not a OS issue, but a MotiveWave issue. The scrolling/zooming in the 2 versions (Windows and Mac - I am working on both) is not the same. I am a Mac user and it is very annoying, not having the same characteristics like the windows MW version. I had a conversation with the MW support team, and said that it will add this issue to the "to-do" list. I don't understand why this happen, because as MW is Java based, and Java is a cross-platform language. If you check some other Java trading platforms, this "mouse wheel-scrolling thing" don't happen. Check ProRealTime platform, the scrolling/zooming is incredible.
So, I wish very soon MW team resolve this issue and offer to all Mac users what we deserve it .

GeonsVL

I just update MW with the latest beta release, and it seems that the "problem" is solved! Many many thank you!!! The team is very fast! The scrolling/zooming is more smoothy and the last bar is actually sticky to the right of the chart. The only bug that I noticed, is that on Preferences/General/Mouse the mouse wheel action I set it on "Bar Width" with enable the "Invert" box, but don't seems that work properly. Before the update the invert works perfect. Maybe a little bug, I guess.. Anyway, congratulations for all the work :)

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
I just update MW with the latest beta release, and it seems that the "problem" is solved! Many many thank you!!! The team is very fast! The scrolling/zooming is more smoothy and the last bar is actually sticky to the right of the chart. The only bug that I noticed, is that on Preferences/General/Mouse the mouse wheel action I set it on "Bar Width" with enable the "Invert" box, but don't seems that work properly. Before the update the invert works perfect. Maybe a little bug, I guess.. Anyway, congratulations for all the work :)

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working properly now.

It seems that the Wheel Action invert doesn't work but the Alt Wheel action does invert. I will pass this along to development.

Thank you.