Motivewave startup clunky

nooris

Why in the world can't I double click on the MW icon and have everything just startup and load. But NO, I have to choose my workspace (even though there is a default workspace and in my case it is the one and only workspace). Then I have to log into CQG, which again has all the information already pre-loaded, but it still needs that blessed click on the login button. It can be easily redesigned to start up with the default workspace and log in without any further clicks (or at the least give you the option to startup that way).

That is all, just a vent...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

mikrom

Agreed, the startup is too clunky. But you can improve it with some basic automation tool.

I use this bash script on linux, it starts motivewave and uses ydotool to press buttons for me. You can probably find similar tools for mac or windows.

Code:
#! /bin/sh

# Start MotiveWave
/usr/bin/motivewave &

# move to primary monitor
# sleep 3; sudo ydotool key 125:1 49:1 49:0 49:1 49:0 125:0

# Press down 1 time to select first account
sleep 0.1; sudo ydotool key 108:1 108:0

# press tab and enter
sleep 0.1; sudo ydotool key 15:1 15:0
sleep 0.1; sudo ydotool key 28:1 28:0

# Press enter (connect)
sleep 2.5;
sudo ydotool key 28:1 28:0

nooris

interesting idea. I know nothing about programming, but I think I might be able to make it work with apple's built in automator tool. thanks

Spin

Agreed, the startup is too clunky. But you can improve it with some basic automation tool.

I use this bash script on linux, it starts motivewave and uses ydotool to press buttons for me. You can probably find similar tools for mac or windows.

Code:
#! /bin/sh

# Start MotiveWave
/usr/bin/motivewave &

# move to primary monitor
# sleep 3; sudo ydotool key 125:1 49:1 49:0 49:1 49:0 125:0

# Press down 1 time to select first account
sleep 0.1; sudo ydotool key 108:1 108:0

# press tab and enter
sleep 0.1; sudo ydotool key 15:1 15:0
sleep 0.1; sudo ydotool key 28:1 28:0

# Press enter (connect)
sleep 2.5;
sudo ydotool key 28:1 28:0
Don't you just love the inventiveness of the average Linux-user ??
❤️

(what a great hack !)

nooris

This has been so nice to use the past couple of days. Thanks again @mikrom . Apple's automator tool is idiot friendly and made it simple. I'll probably have to change the automation soon, once the sale is over and they remove that extra click (how annoying of them).

Shtick Hustler

Apple's automator tool is idiot friendly and made it simple.

Well, that it explains it. I miss be one step beneath an idiot 🤯 because I spent 45 min trying to record something that does what you guys have done here.

One of the errors I get was this message, which I tried to eliminate by increasing the delay of the MW opening--to no avail.

1704402420353.png

If you could share how you got it working, and what file type you saved as (Application, Quick Action, etc.) I'd appreciate it.