MotiveWave SDK: Events like OnOrderFilled, OnOrderCancelled are very unreliable

aquadreamer

Hi,

I am finding MotiveWave SDK's Order Management capabilities so unreliable. I was relying on these events getting triggered reliably and in a timely manner to manage the creation of profit order and stop-loss orders as MotiveWave SDK doesn't seem to be capable of creating a bracket order.

I am disappointed that it cant even trigger the OnOrderFilled and other order management events reliably. It used to trigger these events earlier but now thats gone too.

Its frustratingly painful to see what this product can be and what it really is when it comes to its SDK capabilities with my broker: InteractiveBrokers.

Support of this product is horrible. They take days sometimes weeks to respond. No other way to contact them except email.

Spin

I cannot but agree with you, @aquadreamer: I too struggle sometimes with functions in the SDK.

The deeper you dive into the MW SDK, the more issues you will encounter, sadly.

Support is indeed only reachable through email. They react within a week, but issues with 'custom' studies are often ignored ("Do you see this behavior with standard studies as well ?")

I see two options here: allow us coders a deeper look into the inner workings of the platform, so we can investigate further and propose code changes / improvements OR invest (heavily) into more dev work, taking the SDK coders' feedback into account.

Bryan SP

I think it is easier , but more work if you log orders by the strategy and keep track of your own brackets and then go to market if price is reached.

aquadreamer

Well I ended up creating my own Python API for order management. My MW strategy calls the Python REST API.

Order Management is now flawless.