MotiveWave has become ssssllllooowwwwwwww as hell.

orishaspollo

Is there a way to load TSLA into MotiveWave but with the split data? I can see a gigantic drop the day TSLA was split 5-1, 3/1

zackumer

Glad it's not just me. I use MW daily for hours on end, so every little delay adds up. Most of the delays seem to be when data needs to be retrieved. For instance, changing to a lower timeframe, skipping back to a period in the past, zooming out, or adding a study that requires tick/minute data.

The problem is that in most cases, the whole chart is locked while this data retrieval takes place, and can sometimes sit there for a long time with a progress bar overlaid on it and there is nothing that the user can do about it short of close and re-open the chart (which itself might require time to load). On many occasions every day, I accidentally switch to a lower timeframe than I intended (keyboard shortcuts), or accidentally zoom out too far (mouse wheel the wrong way) or some other thing that causes data loading, which results in an agonising wait while the whole chart locks in order to load new data.

A vastly better solution would be to implement a kind of "lazy loading" approach where the user can still interact with the parts of the chart for which data exists. The parts that are awaiting data to load can be greyed out or have some other form of progress display. I note that volume imprint already does this, so this is not a novel thing in the world of MW. (At the very least, one should be able to hit "esc" to stop the updating in order to, for example, switch back to a higher timeframe or remove a study that caused the delay. That alone would save me literal cumulative hours over time).

MW, I think it's great that you are working on a mobile app to remain competitive and all that, but don't forget that most of your customers are paying you for your excellent desktop platform, and likely don't care much for a mobile app. So don't forget about us.
Agreed - honestly don’t see much use for a mobile app - when we are trading on the desktop 🖥️- there are major improvements they need to address like implement copy trader functionality and clean up the data/chart loading mechanism- it is a great platform and seems like they just can’t get the last few finishing touches done ✔️