MCL order executes CL position

danws

There's a cross-trade function in the MCL chart that must be on to generate an MCL order, otherwise you will find yourself
in a CL position, that's 10X what you were expecting. Please correct this obvious mistake. MCL orders need to gen MCL
positions. TY

MrSharky

There is no crosstrade option in the MCL chart. There is a cross trade option in the CL chart which will generate a trade in MCL if you take a position

danws

There is no crosstrade option in the MCL chart. There is a cross trade option in the CL chart which will generate a trade in MCL if you take a position
There is in mine. @MCL generates CL orders unless "Cross Trade MCLK4 is checked on". The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This is what's known in the industry as a bug.

MrSharky

@MCL is a continuous contract. You did not specify that in your original post. I'm not going to setup a continuous contract for MCL to test this, since there is no point in having @MCL as a charting option. MCLK4 which is the current micro contract for CL does not have a crosstrade option. CLK4 and @CL has one, which works as intended.

Maybe you should see which base symbol your @MCL is setup for, I would imagine its CL, and thats why you getting this result. My guess would be you have setup a continuous contract for CL and labeled it as @MCL.

Maybe change contracts?

Last edited:

danws

@MCL is a continuous contract. You did not specify that in your original post. I'm not going to setup a continuous contract for MCL to test this, since there is no point in having @MCL as a charting option. MCLK4 which is the current micro contract for CL does not have a crosstrade option. CLK4 and @CL has one, which works as intended.

Maybe you should see which base symbol your @MCL is setup for, I would imagine its CL, and thats why you getting this result. My guess would be you have setup a continuous contract for CL and labeled it as @MCL.

Maybe change contracts?
So this is a major fail in the platform, I cannot make it any clearer than what it is. This plat is Bug City.

MrSharky

I dont see how it is a bug if your settings are wrong. You have still not disclosed your @MCL settings. How is anyone supposed to help you if you dont disclose your settings?