Market profile missing for "half" days

Jan

I have already talked about this with support a while ago, and I don't understand why this doesn't get fixed. Currently the TPO study doesn't show a market profile for the days that aren't "complete".

That means 9/6/2021 for example won't get a TPO for any futures symbol. This is because 9/6/2021 is a holiday in the USA (Labor day). Because of this, the futures don't trade from 1:00 pm EST till 5:00 pm EST. But they DO trade the other 19 hours! Still Motivewave will not show a market profile for this day. See attached image. This happens for every single US holiday where the CME halts trading in the afternoon.

Image_2021_09_06__22_15_33.png

Last edited:

AWatt

I have already talked about this with support a while ago, and I don't understand why this doesn't get fixed. Currently the TPO study doesn't show a market profile for the days that aren't "complete".

That means 9/6/2021 for example won't get a TPO for any futures symbol. This is because 9/6/2021 is a holiday in the USA (Labor day). Because of this, the futures don't trade from 1:00 pm EST till 5:00 pm EST. But they DO trade the other 19 hours! Still Motivewave will not show a market profile for this day. See attached image. This happens for every single US holiday where the CME halts trading in the afternoon.

View attachment 986
I also notice this problem. Is the data feed or MW? It is a bit of a problem given the recent decline over the shortened Friday session.

Reactions: Jan

Jan

I also notice this problem. Is the data feed or MW? It is a bit of a problem given the recent decline over the shortened Friday session.
It has nothing to do with the data feed. The data is there. I really don't get it why this isn't being fixed. There is no angle from which you can look at this and say: It makes sense the way it is. you could as well drop random days.

Jan

With respect to "data feed". As far as my understanding goes, Motivewave anyway backfills the charts with THEIR data from their servers, no matter what data feed you use.

AWatt

View attachment 986
I also notice this problem. Is the data feed or MW? It is a bit of a problem given the recent decline over the shortened Friday session
With respect to "data feed". As far as my understanding goes, Motivewave anyway backfills the charts with THEIR data from their servers, no matter what data feed you use.
I just checked my ES chart and the half day sessions did print TPO's this time.
However, I have noticed that in the past they did print during the live session but after the close and after restarting MW following the holiday it was gone..

Jan

I also notice this problem. Is the data feed or MW? It is a bit of a problem given the recent decline over the shortened Friday session

I just checked my ES chart and the half day sessions did print TPO's this time.
However, I have noticed that in the past they did print during the live session but after the close and after restarting MW following the holiday it was gone..
This has probably something to do with live data vs. back fill. As far as I remember my back and forth with Motivewave: If there wasn't a daily candle, there would be no profile.