Mac Mouse - zoom in and zoom out

Manuel Fantoni

Hi,

i suggest to improve the mouse usability, allowing the user to zoom in and zoom out by sliding the finger up and down.

Basically the user would have total control and can move the chart in time (sliding left and right) and zoom in and out (sliding up and down).

Thank You.

Bye,
Giuseppe

MotiveWave_Leigh

Staff member
Hi Giuseppe,
This is already built in. By default, if you hold down the ALT key while you scroll your mouse, it will change the Bar Width. You can set your mouse scroll preference, by going into Configure>Preferences>General Tab, Mouse sub-tab, and you can set the default to be Bar Width instead of the default Time Shift.

There's also a video on the different mouse tool preferences you can change: https://support.motivewave.com/videos/mouse-preferences/

Pharaoh145

Can you add support for a side scroll wheel?
I'm using the Logitech MX Master 3 mouse for Mac, and would like the side scroll wheel to allow me to scroll left and right, but it is only able to mimic the assigned feature of the main wheel, making it basically useless in MW.

I want to zoom/bar width with the top wheel and scroll the time axis with the left scroll wheel.

NEO

Can you add support for a side scroll wheel?
I'm using the Logitech MX Master 3 mouse for Mac, and would like the side scroll wheel to allow me to scroll left and right, but it is only able to mimic the assigned feature of the main wheel, making it basically useless in MW.

I want to zoom/bar width with the top wheel and scroll the time axis with the left scroll wheel.
Hi pharaoh145,

I am planning on getting a mouse for Mac, which one you will suggest MX Master 3 or Magic mouse 2 for MW, Are those customisable buttons helpful?

Thank you.