Linux + IQFeed w/ Crossover

coys997

Attempting to use IQFeed with Linux and Crossover. I'm able to load and login via IQFeed with no issue, but my trouble starts with getting MotiveWave to handle the login. I get the following error when trying to sign in:

1697344660611.png

Is this something folks have run into in the past? At the moment I'm a bit stuck. I'd rather not do my trading work from Windows.. so hopeful there's a solution here I'm missing.

Thanks!

luissantillana33

Are able to see the login into the IQ client after you continue with the username/pw window upon logging in? I would open a IQ diagnostic window, chart or whatever & see if the client is working in the background. If you get to this screen click on stop but will say test to test your connection & trouble shoot from there.

coys997

I'm able to login and access everything in IQFeed on my system. I cannot get MotiveWave to log into the same account whether iqconnect or not is running. It looks like MW is trying to call cmd.exe which obviously doesn't exist in linux outside of a windows emulator like Crossover. It seems like MW is the one broken here.

igor.s

I don't use the IQFeed anymore to test it but I recall I was able to fool the MW by having a dummy file iqconnect.exe. Play with that idea.