Just want normal Market hours Please

fat_weald_postern

Ok, my dilemma is the getting my charts to only show normal market hours, this also means if I use a random time frame say 37 min charts it still starts at 0930 the next day, not just take the leftover minutes from the end of the day prior and adjust the market opening time.

I'm using TDA for data, I have gone through every tutorial on how to do this and have all the setting that I'm aware of checked. But it's still being stupid like starting the first candle at 920 instead of 930 or other random times based on the time frame and the end of day time of 1600 it just carries over the minutes.

Please help I'm desperate,

This is making the whole program completely unusable for me. It should be as simple as it is on tradingview.com, why so complex? Otherwise, it just turns into a daily chart program for me.

I'm currently using the Ultimate version, purchased a 2 months ago fully updated

rogerthat

I have the same issue, the General Preferences/Trading Hours setting only deals with the exchanges. The Instrument hours can be adjusted from the chart. But who wants to set trading hours for each exchange and each instrument.

There should be a global Chart setting that you can set trading hours to.

TeeJay

I have the same issue, the General Preferences/Trading Hours setting only deals with the exchanges. The Instrument hours can be adjusted from the chart. But who wants to set trading hours for each exchange and each instrument.

There should be a global Chart setting that you can set trading hours to.

Sadly MW has a lot of such QOL issues regarding making life way harder than it should be.
If you generally want only RTH then try the following : Disable show extended data in general options, then load a chart, disable the extended data for the chart there and save this as default chart template. Then you should only get RTH shown when you open a new chart in general.

Fun begins for instance when you trade more than one country and have several thousand instruments. If you want to see local time on the charts you only have the default time in general settings, and then in the charts you can select to use the general settings or a single setting for the chart. Nice, now think of having a few hundred or thousand symbols in a different TZ than your main trading TZ. You would have to set the TZ for every instrument because there is no option to edit this in bulk.