IQ Feed and MacOS Catalina

LibiH

Hello, does the new macOS Catalina work with MotiveWave and the IQ Feed data connection? Or should I wait with the upgrade from macOS Mojave.

Thanks

Libor

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello LibiH,

macOS Catalina should work. It was just released today and we will need time to test it.

IQFeed requires the IQFeed Client which we have no control over, you will need to contact them about compatibility with Catalina.

Thank you.

LibiH

Hi Jason, thank you. I installed Catalina on my other macbook and it doesn`t work. Motivewave is fine but the IQ feed client is only 32bit and Catalina is only 64bit. So I have to wait until IQFeed makes a 64bit version client. Hopefully soon.

igor.s

I contacted the IQFeed team back in February and asked them about the new Mac client. They said - not enough requests from the clients. You may want to contact them and raise your concern. Perhaps, after the new OS release they would be forced to create a new 64bit version.

LibiH

I spoke with them yesterday and they are working on it. But no ETA.

heispark

Catalina is a super crap with tons of tons of bugs. Try googling about it. Restored Mojave from Time Machine backup....... Just DO NOT install it until next year.