Interactive Broker Not Reconnecting After TWS/Gateway Restart

wayum999

Hi, I am using Interactive Brokers and their TWS and gateway software to connect to Motive Wave. They force you to restart the application once per day. The problem I am having is that once the application restarts, it does not automatically reconnect to Motive Wave. I can probably do it with some type of task manager or other automation, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this and had an easy fix to it before I go down that road.

Thanks so much in advance.

wayum999

yup thats my problem, would the best way to run some script that would reconnect MW to the gateways? If so, have you ever done anything like that and know the best way to go about it?

wayum999

I actually was able to get MW to restart and open the workspace through AutoHotKey, but do you know how I could do certain things like navigate to different tabs and activate strategies? Are there keyboard commands that do this or other method of control?

Thanks again.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,
Any keyboard shortcuts available within MotiveWave would be via the Configure > Preferences > General > Keyboard menu. Give that a try.

wayum999

All good. There wasnt a shortcut available for what I wanted to do. However, I was able to use coordinates to program a mouse click to do the process. I am still having an issue with the strategy reactivating when i re-connect Interactive Brokers, but I am sure I can figure it out. Thanks!

quick

Hi there, are there any news on this topic like: AutoReconnect to AllServices, if connection drops from inside MotiveWave? In our case if IB drops connection, also other Exchanges stopping to trade their strategies.
Thanks in advance.