Indicator Wish List

Nikos

Hi Nikos and everyone else - I have created a slightly revised version of the Choppiness Index study which show the latest value on the right axis. The import file for version v1.1 can be downloaded from the link below.

After the import the study will show up in the main menu under: Study -> TradingIndicators.com -> Choppiness Index v1.1

View attachment 250

@Nikos - please send me an email (ds@tradingindicators.com) regarding adding "close-open" as an input to some of the built-in studies.
Have a very good day DSinning, thanks for the fix and I shall write you for the Close-Open to some Indicators

Doubledown

Hi Daniel, I have spoken to you in the past on Skype regarding making a study that can import multiple price levels from a .txt file. I think I got sidetracked and did not follow up with you on it. Glad to see you here and thanks for posting and the reminder. Perhaps we can continue that chat and the possibilities of this?

Brian
Would love this function as well! May leave Sierra if this gets done!

cybertrader

looking for a color coded MA tunnel, where if price drops below it turns red, in tunnel gray, above is green. see attachment. also the current volume profile doesnt update data/POC based on what is in visible range. Lastly could an auto fib be created?

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    550.9 KB · Views: 66

Nikos

Hi again to all,
I would like you to have a look on the 2 screen shots of money flow index indicators (12 and 60) the first plot is from MW the other is from TOS. I have checked with my network where they use different platforms and they have confirmed me that they agree with MFI plot from TOS. Other than that I use MW with data from IB on a MAC. Is there a particular reason why a so widespread indicator like MFI is plotting so differently in MW? Would it be possible for this discrepancy to be fixed? Or it is a glitch from IB?
I would appreciate your opinions with regard to this matter.
Stay safe all!

Attachments

• 29-6-20,MFI-MW from IB-TWS.png
    29-6-20,MFI-MW from IB-TWS.png
    462.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 29-6-20,MFI TOS.png
    29-6-20,MFI TOS.png
    825.5 KB · Views: 30

Nikos

dsinnig

I'm using IQFeed for my data connection. But it should show the same with IB data. Especially for daily data the price data should be identical.

Nikos

I'm using IQFeed for my data connection. But it should show the same with IB data. Especially for daily data the price data should be identical.
So the MW MFI indicator needs to be fixed as it seems.

dsinnig

I think it simply uses a different logic than the TOS indicator. Hard to say which one is wrong or right.

Trimble

2 items:

1) Would like a time range for bars using multiple absolute numbers (like Fib 5,8,13,21 etc.) instead of % ratios. Can't find it anywhere in MW.

2) Bug fix. When putting labels on a chart, and changing the label prefix, the change is not sticky. It reverts to the default label prefixes the next time MW is opened. The label, location and color/font size are sticky, but not changes to the label prefix.

Johnedoe

How about fixing the Trade Manager strategy............................................

ScottyA

looking for a color coded MA tunnel, where if price drops below it turns red, in tunnel gray, above is green. see attachment.

Cyber, I had Daniel create something similar to what you're requesting. I posted the files in User Contributed Studies and will repost links to them here:

Painted Trend using SMA's

Painted Trend using EMA's

Each Study takes the respective MA's from the High, Midpoint and Lows of each bar to create a channel and then paints the bars any color of your choice based upon the close of the bar. The MA period is customizable.

If you want the Study to create a channel using 1) more traditional MA calculations like using Closes instead of Midpoints and/or 2) with the channel formed using Standard Deviations or a fixed (possibly customizable) value, I am confident that @dsinnig and his fantastic team at TradingIndicators.com would be able to help.

yolo888

Hello,

I think some of us would like to see an "volume spread" type indicator.
Ex. Volume Spread for VSA on tradingview

I think it is relatively easy to make (maybe?)

Thank you so much for consideration.