Importing Data?

Jonny923

Hello,

Does anyone know how to import data for stocks, indices, and futures? Where do I get the data and how do I create a csv file of it? Also, if I import the data of a stock, does that imported data stay updated to its current price after being imported or does it only show the price/history of the stock up to the point I imported it? The Broker I have an account with I guess didn't add many of the stocks, indices, futures.

ScottyA

Does anyone know how to import data for stocks, indices, and futures?

Yes. It's quite easy. https://docs.motivewave.com/guides/user-guide/charts-1/importing-data

Where do I get the data and how do I create a csv file of it?

There are many sites that will sell you data. One that I have used for Futures (to backtest some of my studies) is CQG Data Factory.

Also, if I import the data of a stock, does that imported data stay updated to its current price after being imported or does it only show the price/history of the stock up to the point I imported it?

It will only import the data you provide. You'll need a provider to gain access to current data.

The Broker I have an account with I guess didn't add many of the stocks, indices, futures.

I recommend a broker with better data. I recommend IB as a one-stop-shop. You won't get tick-based data, but it's a solid provider.