IB Data Feed

Chrys

After many years of using IB data feed and Motivewave without any issues this morning I'm not getting the data feed. I'm using an old version of Motivewave (6..0.7) since I now only using the commentary and elliott wave charting functionality.

I disabled my anti-virus (Avast) and anti-tracking (Avast) software. I reinstalled 6.0.7 and setup IB as the data service.

One thing I noticed is that when I opened Motivewave IB's TWS screen froze...no longer getting quotes.

The only thing I can think of is that the API protocol changed recently and my Motivewave software is now really out-of-date. I'm unaware of IB issuing any notice on API changes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Chrys

Jan123

Had the same problem. Fixed it for now by changing the IB version from "latest" to "stable" via "more options" link at the bottom of the IB login screen.

gersto

Good morning.

I can confirm the problem. This morning I had to revert from TWS version 10.17.1q (Latest) to version 10.12.2q (Stable) to receive IB data correctly in MotiveWave. Also the TWS version 10.17.1q froze after MotiveWave started several attempts to start the data retrieval.

Currently the problem is not too important, since TWS latest and TWS stable are not far apart. However, for the future I would like MotiveWave to be able to work with the latest TWS version again, as it mostly contains features that I would like to use. Maybe @MotiveWave_Jason could post some info about this here.

Bye,
Christian

xtrremel

I had the same problem this morning, I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the issue, and I ended up changing from latest to stable, which fixed the problem for now.

ScottyA

Glad you guys figure this out.

From experience with the same problems years ago, Support told me that MotiveWave is only approved for the Stable version of IB.