IB data & dxFeed

Jesse_01

I am trying to combine IB data for trading, & dxFeed for data feed for data. Is this possible at the same time? I have the pro version & both setup under workspaces, not sure how to give certain pages/charts select data feeds.

ScottyA

Totally possible and very simple to setup. Right-click on any dxFeed chart to "Edit Instrument." Select the "Connections" tab, and click on "Add."

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 1.43.20 PM.png

In the Symbol Mapping window, select IB and the appropriate symbol:

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 1.45.51 PM.png

Be sure to test this setup before you go live. I recommend opening IB in Paper Trading mode to confirm it works.

Jesse_01

Awesome, I will give it a try when I get home. I want to use dxfeed for es & IB for SPX.

Sawyer

If you want to use MotiveWave to trade in an account at Interactive Brokers, then you need a third-party data source. dxFeed is excellent, especially for futures because of its full book and market by order real-time market data.

What you want to do is pull historical tick and real-time data from dxFeed and seamlessly execute orders in your Interactive Brokers account. The following configuration allows you to do this without having to customize each and every instrument. It can also be used in editions below Professional that only allow one connection per workspace.

Go to Configure > Workspaces and select the one with your Interactive Brokers connection. Click the Modify button.

In the Connections section of the Edit Workspace dialog, select your Interactive Brokers connection and click Modify.

In the Edit Connection dialog, click the Advanced button.
connection.png

In the Advanced Settings dialog, check both Use for Real Time Data and Use for Historical Data.

In the Service drop-down, select dxFeed.

advanced.png

Let us know if this works for you.

Jesse_01

I already got it working Monday. Thank you for the reply though.

quantlabsnet

If you want to use MotiveWave to trade in an account at Interactive Brokers, then you need a third-party data source. dxFeed is excellent, especially for futures because of its full book and market by order real-time market data.

What you want to do is pull historical tick and real-time data from dxFeed and seamlessly execute orders in your Interactive Brokers account. The following configuration allows you to do this without having to customize each and every instrument. It can also be used in editions below Professional that only allow one connection per workspace.

Go to Configure > Workspaces and select the one with your Interactive Brokers connection. Click the Modify button.

In the Connections section of the Edit Workspace dialog, select your Interactive Brokers connection and click Modify.

View attachment 1354

In the Advanced Settings dialog, check both Use for Real Time Data and Use for Historical Data.

View attachment 1355

this is a real life saver so thanks for posting

Hermann

I have IB data for stocks and dxfeed for futures.
It worked for me, because i only avctive trade futures now.

But since 9.1.2023 i have no stable data from IB. Every day the same thing with stocks. The chart shows only data until 9.1. and begins to draw the candles of the day forgetting them the next day .

Is their a way to fix the data of IB ? Or do i have to subscribe also to dxdata for stocks?

Thanks in front

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-01-25 22-59-36.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-01-25 22-59-36.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 13

ScottyA

But since 9.1.2023 i have no stable data from IB. Every day the same thing with stocks. The chart shows only data until 9.1. and begins to draw the candles of the day forgetting them the next day .

Is their a way to fix the data of IB ? Or do i have to subscribe also to dxdata for stocks?

Thanks in front

I had the same issue.

It was something IB changed on their end, so MotiveWave Customer Support put out the 6.6.13 update. That fixed everything for me. No IB data issues with stocks anymore on my end.

I recommend updating.

quantlabsnet

The solution with IBKR and dxFeed works well since it circumvents not losing the connection to IBKR during their 'coffee break' at midnight. This is because you are using dxFeed where IBKR data connection will disconnect nightly.

Johnedoe

I had the same issue.

It was something IB changed on their end, so MotiveWave Customer Support put out the 6.6.13 update. That fixed everything for me. No IB data issues with stocks anymore on my end.

I recommend updating.
Hey Scotty.
You just answered a question I posted in a new thread.
I guess I'm going to have to get the 6.6.13 update....
Thanks again for the insight.

pomer

Hi Scotty,

What is the current version you are using on motivewave? I am a new member. I have version 6.8.1 on a mac. I do not get any updates from IB for data. I have class c subscription for nasdaq. IB trader pro is 10.25.1. I have opened a case with Motivewave support, but thought I give this a try and see if a member had a similar issue and a fix. Any suggestions are appreciated. The configuration settings have been reviewed and reviewed again, lol, but still an issue.

rfndzc

this is a real life saver so thanks for posting

View attachment 1354

View attachment 1355

This doesn't seem to work for MBO data.