I don't expect this feature to be implemented, but it would be nice

HUB

I would like a scripting interface such as pine script or think script or easy language that can be used to build custom indicators without the overhead and verbosity of java.I have tried to write my own scripts in motive wave with eclipse after reading the programming guide but gave up because the programming environment was cumbersome to use compared to other platforms I have used.

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello HUB,

This has actually been requested by a few users now. I will add your name to the list as well.

We have discussed this feature request and it's not out of the question, we think it would add a lot of flexibility.

Unfortunately I cannot say if or when this would be implemented.

Thank you for the feedback.

tllcoolj

I
Hi Hub,
I totally agree with you on having a scripting language easier to use than JAVA. I use thinkscript on ThinkOrSwim platform and found it easier to learn and build custom studies and strategies than on MotiveWave. Hopefully, MotiveWave will provide such added flexibility in the near future for those users/developers looking for a simple interface. Love the platform but hate the interface.

HUB

I
Hi Hub,
I totally agree with you on having a scripting language easier to use than JAVA. I use thinkscript on ThinkOrSwim platform and found it easier to learn and build custom studies and strategies than on MotiveWave. Hopefully, MotiveWave will provide such added flexibility in the near future for those users/developers looking for a simple interface. Love the platform but hate the interface.
I use TOS as well and have several scripts that I have programmed. Most third party vendors support it as it is a very popular platform. I also have some paid indicators that I bought that I find useful.
That being said, I still love motivewave for its charting and built in indicators and the fact that I can connect different brokers and data services to it while still keeping the same interface.

maxvonkurt

I would like a scripting interface such as pine script or think script or easy language that can be used to build custom indicators without the overhead and verbosity of java.I have tried to write my own scripts in motive wave with eclipse after reading the programming guide but gave up because the programming environment was cumbersome to use compared to other platforms I have used.
i agree with you

designer01

i agree with all it would be nice.. I still love Motivewave for its charting flexibility and built in indicators/strategies and the fact that I can connect different brokers and data services . Or maybe provide an indicator/strategy builder feature within Motivewave would be an alternative. Similar to Expert Advisor Builder for Tradestation.