How to modify default limit offset for a stplmt order?

matt

Is changing the default offset from 0 ticks to 2 ticks for the limit order of a stplmt order possible?

1704475445500.png

Donovan2580

Try going into Configure (From the main header bar at the top - In between Format & Window) and selecting Order Presets.

Is that what you are looking for? I am not sure if I understand what you are shooting for, but the order defaults are in that menu which is oddly kind of hidden.

matt

Thanks Donovan, I wasn't able to find a preset to change the default limit price on the initial order (yellow arrow below)
The Limit Offset... modify the attached orders. I'd like to be able to chart submit a stop order to buy limit 1 tick above stop price, better chance of fill w/out worry of slippage.

1704547924783.png

but when the order is placed the limit price is the clicked price
1704548273332.png

Donovan2580

Thanks Donovan, I wasn't able to find a preset to change the default limit price on the initial order (yellow arrow below)
The Limit Offset... modify the attached orders. I'd like to be able to chart submit a stop order to buy limit 1 tick above stop price, better chance of fill w/out worry of slippage.

View attachment 2173

but when the order is placed the limit price is the clicked price
View attachment 2176

I believe that menu is where the option would be. You can do a lot of things via DOM trading with exit strategies, but with chart trading I think all the defaults are in that menu.

Perhaps you could put in a feature request to the MW team?!

Sorry - Wish I was able to solve it for you :)