How many ticks or Profit/Loss

DarkHorse

Hi, I'm working offline and want to test a few trades. I have put a trade with stop/target on the chart. Is there a way it automatically tells me how many ticks and/or profit/loss as I move the stop/target anywhere on the chart? These are not open positions. Just test a few setups.

1653353285495.png

DarkHorse

Another problem is how to put buy order above the market price and short trade below the market price? I need to test a few setups and cannot do it.

Donovan2580

Both of the issues above would be solved by using the DOM to trade... You can put in a buy or sell stop order & you can configure it to show you current P/L in dollars or ticks.

I am not aware of a way to get the Stop and Profit target lines on the chart to show actual dollar amount, but maybe someone else knows a way.

You can turn on the P/L ladder that will display your current status on the right axis (See Below)

2.png

Donovan2580

There are tools within the components panel that can help with this (See circled below).

Make sure go into the properties and set the quantity to "1" or an actual quantity to have it display dollar amounts.

1653516805918.png

calster

Why isn't there a P/L ladder in ticks to show with motivewave?
Why can't the open PNL be shown in ticks too? This would be a lot helpful for those who don't have the dom opened.
I don't understand why i cant move my long short tool and find my target in points or ticks.
This is kind of silly bc i have to do a lot of math here.
Doesn't motivewave have a risk reward tool somewhere?

Last edited:

calster

Guys i must tell you the Dom is not enough. When we people have a lot of screens and big imacs this is fine. The problem I see is when I have to travel somewhere and take my laptop with me. I can't see how many ticks I'm in profit unless I click to show the DOM but then I can't do my analysis. This is very annoying. Why can't you guys come up with a risk reward tool like tradingview and a decent long short tool that allows me to choose %, ticks, pip, $ like ninjatrader? I think you guys should be aware you get to combine the best of the two worlds.

Ghome

I just requested this to be an add-on feature. As of right now the only way is using the profit loss tool that was shown above.