HELP!! Not able to compile my strategy with the new version of SDK

aquadreamer

I am not able to compile my existing strategy with the new version of SDK (mwave_sdk.jar) that got updated when MotiveWave was updated to its latest version

Here are the compilation errors that I am getting. It seems like something has changed on the various Enums that are packaged with the JAR file.

Here is the latest version that was installed:

image.png

Please HELP!

image-2.png

Jameel Syed

quantlabsnet

Hi Jameet Are you following the exact instructions in SDK user guide? I think it helps to exactly tell people your IDE of choice as my Eclipse as described in the guide works fine. You might want to consider that

aquadreamer

This is an active development environment on Eclipse which has been working for the last many months. It was setup following the guide verbatim.

Only reason I had to try using the new SDK jar file was because of an issue that I trying to resolve regarding updating the stop price of a stop order.

Using the submitOrder method after adjusting the stopPrice on a stop order, is creating a new stop order instead of updating the existing one.

I wanted to see if this bug is resolved in the new SDK version.

Any thoughts?

aquadreamer

This is an active development environment on Eclipse which has been working for the last many months. It was setup following the guide verbatim.

Only reason I had to try using the new SDK jar file was because of an issue that I trying to resolve regarding updating the stop price of a stop order.

Using the submitOrder method after adjusting the stopPrice on a stop order, is creating a new stop order instead of updating the existing one.

I wanted to see if this bug is resolved in the new SDK version.

Any thoughts?
It compiles as before with the old SDK jar file

quantlabsnet

Quite Interesting. I would check with the MW support folks since they are quite fast to confirm this.

quantlabsnet

I am not sure on that but it is Friday afternoon before our Canadian Thanksgiving. From my experience, I would give it 24 hours which is way better than any of the crypto exchanges I deal with. Also, asking for help on the FREE community edition might might not make the ticket request a higher priority but I don't know their policy.

dechris

Hi, is there any update on this issue, because I have exactly the same problem?

dechris

I think I have found the issue and a solution. I installed Java 17 because MW 6.5.11 comes with Java 17. But for compiling the code of my studies, it still needs Java 16.

Reactions: SA1

quantlabsnet

I have run into the same problem for the latest version of MotiveWave. Just download the latest Java source to stay in synch it looks like

dechris

@quantlabsnet, I just found out that I can build it only on Windows and macOS successfully. When I build it on Linux, I get errors like the following and some others:

Code:
[javac]   bad class file: /home/user/git/motivewave/lib/mwave_sdk.jar(/com/motivewave/platform/sdk/order_mgmt/Order.class)
    [javac]     class file has wrong version 60.0, should be 55.0
    [javac]     Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
    [javac] /home/user/git/motivewave/src/study_examples/CsInsideBarStrategy.java:32: error: cannot access OrderContext
    [javac] import com.motivewave.platform.sdk.order_mgmt.OrderContext;

quantlabsnet

I have built successfully with OpenJDK 15 and 17 on Linux Mint. 16 has security concerns. You may want to check with MotiveWave to find out.