Free up some computer space

EdwinJ

Did you know that a lot of historical data is stored in your motivewave folder?, i didn't.... In the historical folder is your datafeed provider folder, delete all 'old' folders because you don't need them anymore... I got 3Gb back!, by simple deleting some old files, previous years..But keep the latest ones!..,7 days, 30 days.

Ed

MrSharky

I think if you charting a continuous futures contract, you will need that data. I'm not sure but it's my qualified guess.

MrSharky

I have no issue with space my self. I'm just pointing out, people should know what they are doing before deleting their historical data.

Last edited:

EdwinJ

I have no issue with space my self. I'm just pointing out, people should know what they are doing before deleting their historical data.
So you keep '22, '21, and before, data? Those contracts don't exist anymore....., wast of space.

Anyways i got some space back on my Mac, and space is what's needed these days, or you can buy a 1TB external drive of course:oops:.

Ed

Tigger

If you're charting a continuous contract, those expired contracts are what is giving you the price 6, 12, 18 months back.