Footprint template

Khaled

Hello nice people,

I spent some time playing with the settings of Footprint chart and came with the enclosed Template. I'm happy to share it with you.
- POC in yellow
- Naked POC in yellow + a yellow line
- Unfinished Auction in Fuchsia or light green
- Positive Imbalance in cyan and Negative Imbalance in Orange
- Large Trades (you can modify the threshold) circles in green or red
- On the Top or Bottom of each candle, you have 4 numbers: Green/Red large size = Positive/Negative Delta for each candle, next row total volume of the candle, then two numbers -Bid/Ask % of the candle
- Green/red rectangles on each bar represent Absorptions
- Green / Red thick lines are Support and Resistance plotted automatically by the Volume Imprint Study
- Blue/Red curve: Daily VWAP - dotted blue = VWAP +/- 2*STD
- Below you have the Delta Table with Green/Red being the absolute or relative important figures/changes.

I hope this helps and happy to hear your feedback.
NB: the graph is in French time

One possible way (amongst others) to look at this:
7:50 Buyers have been absorbed at the top of the candle and VI plotted a Resistance at 14858.50
7:55 Stacked Imbalances with the close below the POC + Delta turned red and agressive Delta/Vol% - price crosses below VWAP
8:00 Agressive selling with close below the POC + Delta turned more red and agressive Delta/Vol% - price stayed below VWAP
8:05 selling pressure continues with stacked imbalances + VWAP turned red + CVD turned red ==> I'd have shorted there

9:00 Started opposite scenario with price crossing above VWAP-2*STD

Attachments

• NQU3 - 20230827 NQ M5 Footprint - Aug-27 1641 PM (5 min).png
    NQU3 - 20230827 NQ M5 Footprint - Aug-27 1641 PM (5 min).png
    831.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20230827 NQ Footprint M5.tml.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

jacekg

Thanks, Khaled, for the great template. I've tried to build my own but struggled a bit to get all the OF option settings just right.
Have one question though, why the circles for big trades in your picture have only number 1 or 2 in them?

Thanks, Jack

Last edited:

Khaled

Thanks, Khaled, for the great template. I've tried to build my own but struggled a bit to get all the OF option settings just right.
Have one question though, why the circles for big trades in your picture have only number 1 or 2 in them?

Thanks, Jack
@jacekg Hi Jack, thank you for your comment. I guess the dots represent the "number" of trades (and not the volume of these trades) above the threshold. When I chose NQ on 1 hour chart, I can see some "3" and on 4 hours chart, I can even see some "22". If you want to see the significant trades per level then you can add the "Big Trades" Study, which indeed is more relevant. The graph may seem too crowded, but it's to have the full picture and you can remove the items you don't need.
It would be interesting to hear how you interpret this graph.

justplaindirt

Hello nice people,

I spent some time playing with the settings of Footprint chart and came with the enclosed Template. I'm happy to share it with you.
- POC in yellow
- Naked POC in yellow + a yellow line
- Unfinished Auction in Fuchsia or light green
- Positive Imbalance in cyan and Negative Imbalance in Orange
- Large Trades (you can modify the threshold) circles in green or red
- On the Top or Bottom of each candle, you have 4 numbers: Green/Red large size = Positive/Negative Delta for each candle, next row total volume of the candle, then two numbers -Bid/Ask % of the candle
- Green/red rectangles on each bar represent Absorptions
- Green / Red thick lines are Support and Resistance plotted automatically by the Volume Imprint Study
- Blue/Red curve: Daily VWAP - dotted blue = VWAP +/- 2*STD
- Below you have the Delta Table with Green/Red being the absolute or relative important figures/changes.

I hope this helps and happy to hear your feedback.
NB: the graph is in French time

One possible way (amongst others) to look at this:
7:50 Buyers have been absorbed at the top of the candle and VI plotted a Resistance at 14858.50
7:55 Stacked Imbalances with the close below the POC + Delta turned red and agressive Delta/Vol% - price crosses below VWAP
8:00 Agressive selling with close below the POC + Delta turned more red and agressive Delta/Vol% - price stayed below VWAP
8:05 selling pressure continues with stacked imbalances + VWAP turned red + CVD turned red ==> I'd have shorted there

9:00 Started opposite scenario with price crossing above VWAP-2*STD
You are freaking Awesome. 🙏🙏

MikeT

Great work! Thanks for sharing.
This is exactly what I needed a few days ago haha

Lyralemon

I loves this! it's great...although i don't completely get it yet. Thank you!

Fsal3003

Hi, how much you use in "min trade filter" on the trade dots menu?
because i have some troubles with the big trades charts