Finally time to show off my MW-programming skills ?

Spin

Although I do program my own studies / indicators, I am just really happy that we finally have a meeting place for like-minded MW users.
I am somewhat familiar with the SDK and totally willing to help others (when I can) !! But I will have some (programming)questions as well.

Screenshot below is of the 10th version of my study. Unbelievable, but true: it's over 1600 lines of code now :eek:

EDIT: I should have posted under "SDK". Newbie mistake ! A friendly Admin moved this thread. Thanks !:)

Last edited:

Spin

What every study does (or tries to do at least): see the future. :)

This particular one gives different signals (circles / arrows / diamonds) to let me know to BUY or SELL. It works pretty well, as you can see.
(no, I am not yet willing to share the conditions that have to be met, but I will tell there's quite a lot of Technical Analysis involved)

Spin

I'm keeping it private for now. But test results are very promising, so it might be for sale soon(ish)

Spin

It's a study, not a strategy, so there are no 'automatic' entries / exits.

But yes, the markers do get drawn on past data as well, so you can easily check if the signals were correct or not.
Also: you could use the (very nice) 'replay' function that MotiveWave offers and 'trade for real' in the past.

It does not provide a great number of signals per pair, but I follow 29 pairs and get quite a few signals per day. The eyes (and yes, the brain) serve as a final filter before opening trades. It works pretty well, as you can see below: :)

(The template has lines on it that greatly simplify the descision where to place the TP and SL, but I removed those in the pic above)

Last edited:

mThemelis

yellow red blue are somehow strong sell, sell, buy, strong buy categorization signals?

thanks again

Spin

Let me explain the secondary (bottom) plot :)

It contains 5 lines of symbols: 3 squares (that can color red or blue), a line of triangles (they can also be red or blue) and the bottom line are circles.
The 3 squares and the triangle all have to be red for a sell and blue for a buy.
The circle acts as a traffic light: green means it is ok to enter a trade (can be a buy or a sell) and red means 'do not take this trade'.

Obviously there's a bunch of code behind all of this (using a whole galaxy of technical indicators), but the result is that one can easily spot entries.

mThemelis

so, entry/exit is the green or red light at the bottom?

Ideas:
1: Perhaps place it on top of the lines cause it’s the first thing someone sees?
2: make “lights” larger than the rest