Feature Request

Mdel60

I'd like to request a way to set one stop price for a multi-target bracket order. Right now, with a multi-target bracket order I am forced to set multiple stops as well. This causes some delay when moving those stops by hand...needing to move three sets of stops rather than just one single stop.

Can this be accomplished?

Thanks!

erix99

Hello,

I believe it is possible to set a one stop price for a multi-target bracket order. Under "trading preferences" then "exit strategies", click on "edit selected exit strategy" or "create new exit strategy". For a bracket order, there should be check mark boxes to the right of each stop and take profit order per row. If you uncheck one of these boxes, it will remove that order for that specific row.

I included a screenshot illustrating what I wrote above. In the screenshot, I have one stop price set to sell 100% of my order, and 3 take profit limit orders above the stop price.

Let me know if this helps,
-erix

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.32.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.32.23 PM.png
    534.4 KB · Views: 30

Mdel60

Erix99,
Thanks for the response.
Have you gotten that to work? I had played around with that before posting my question, and have tried again now after seeing your note. The problem, at least for me, is that the percentage of the position column applies to both Stop and Target, so putting in 100% on Step 1 means you have just one target as well. Additionally, the dialogue won't let you have a total of 102% like you have in your screen shot. Am I missing something?

Thanks for trying!

Mdel60

And the answer is.......using the Trade Manager Strategy. Does what I need.

Mdel60

And the even-better answer is.....If you hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard you can now click and drag multiple orders at the same price level.

Thanks Jason!

erix99

And the even-better answer is.....If you hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard you can now click and drag multiple orders at the same price level.

Thanks Jason!

That's a good point about the percentages. I tried playing around with it and I couldn't find something that works..

I didn't know about the control key trick, thanks!

Also, with the trade manager strategy do you know if it's possible to create a keyboard shortcut to take partials profits in a trade? I'm a scalper so moving bracket orders around manually is too slow for what I am looking forward.