Feature Request: Unfilled Gaps

Spin

I wrote a 'Fair Value Gap' indicator, that allows to turn 'historically filled gaps' on or off.
It also allows to chose what invalidates a gap (wick or close) and at which level.

1699034829416.png
1699034928709.png

1699034954132.png

I might put it up for sale on my site, if there are enough traders interested.
Perhaps if someone can define precisely what an 'unfilled gap' is made of, I can add that ? :)

HalTrader

AAPL_2023-11-05_17-45-55.png
Hi Spin,

I think they refer to this (see attached image). There is an open-source indicator on TradingView that display unfilled gaps (see attached code). I do not necessarily trade them (unless it is an additional context to my strategy), but some traders trade them often as we all know that most gaps are filled at some point.

If you would like to code and put it up for sale on your site, I would also add the following information to the cursor data window, which will allow users to create alerts based on these conditions:

- Gap type: 1.0 (for a bullish gap) or -1.0 (for a bearish gap)
- Bar Index of the gap: (for example, (bar number == 10), meaning that the most recent bullish gap took place 10 bars ago from the current bar, and it is still not invalidated. This number will increase as time flies) (I would display this on the current bar, so it would be easy to track the most recent unfilled gap)
- Top price of the gap: ..... (price)
- Bottom price of the gap: ..... (price)
- Midpoint of the gap: ..... (price)
- Invalidation: (You could also add the Wick/Close invalidation, or 25%, 50%, 75% invalidation levels, similar to what you mentioned above).
- A new gap happened: ..... (true or 1.0) (see attached code)
- A gap was closed: ..... (true or 1.0) (see attached code)

Attachments

• Unfilled Gaps - TradingView.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Spin

Thank you @HalTrader for those useful suggestions. Most made it into the final product !

I finished this recently, in last days of testing-phase now, so will put it up (for sale: coders need to eat too 🍏) on my site soon.
Stay tuned to this thread for more :)

1701701351847.png
1701701373329.png

1701701394986.png

1701701438713.png

Shtick Hustler

Sorry to step on your toes spin... :oops:

The 1st project request I received from my complimentary coding thread back in early November was for a study modeled on TradingView Gaps. I had no knowledge of your gaps project.

The forum member requesting it said it was ok to release on the User Contributed Studies forum.

I'll be releasing the BETA for this soon (hopefully before Xmas) on the User Contributed Studies forum. It's almost exactly like the TV version, so, not as feature-rich as yours looks to be.

Going forward, I may release one or two more freeware studies, but that will probably be the extent of my complimentary coding.

Spin

No worries @Shtick Hustler ! My toes can take it :)
I'm glad your RFP Mission #1 is an FVG Study: that must mean there is at least some demand for such a thing.

It seems the community will soon be blessed with three options:
  1. Your complimentary version of the TV-FVG-Study (available for X-mas somewhere on this forum, I guess)
  2. @mattmar10's free FVG-Study (can be found here )
  3. My (paid) version, with a lot of bells & whistles, available on my site as of now: https://vb6.systems/gapdetectorV3/
The holiday season seems to be approaching very fast :D

(PS: wondering now what your Missions #2 and #3 will be ;))

Last edited:

HalTrader

Using Spin's indicators/studies for trading is like playing GTA in God Mode! Awesome work. Thank you.