Feature list/ideas for next update?

bart

Hey all,

I am new to the Motivewave family but I would like to share some ideas I want to see in the next update. I also want to see if this is something you guys want to see as well.

1. Being able to see earnings and dividends pay on charts.

2. Turning off the arrow up and down on last price column in watchlist window.

3. Being able to turn on alerts and then change the chart without having the alerts go away. For example for those futures traders that use $TICK that want to see +/- 800/1000 level hit without having the chart open.

Let me know what you else you guys want to see or if you agree with anything above.

dmooney9

Hey all,

I am new to the Motivewave family but I would like to share some ideas I want to see in the next update. I also want to see if this is something you guys want to see as well.

1. Being able to see earnings and dividends pay on charts.

2. Turning off the arrow up and down on last price column in watchlist window.

3. Being able to turn on alerts and then change the chart without having the alerts go away. For example for those futures traders that use $TICK that want to see +/- 800/1000 level hit without having the chart open.

Let me know what you else you guys want to see or if you agree with anything above.
I like the idea of being able to show earnings and dividends on the chart. This is something I have to use Thinkorswim currently to do.

When you have an alert set up on the chart some revisions ago MotiveWave started posting messages saying “you have active alerts in this work do you want to leave”? That just causes unnecessary click.

bart

I like the idea of being able to show earnings and dividends on the chart. This is something I have to use Thinkorswim currently to do.

When you have an alert set up on the chart some revisions ago MotiveWave started posting messages saying “you have active alerts in this work do you want to leave”? That just causes unnecessary click.

I have a tab open with alerts open and if I stay on the chart with the symbol open the alert shows up in the alert window tab. When I change the symbol the alert goes away then when I click back the alert comes back. What I noitced (could be wrong) but when I change the symbol to the non alert it will not show if the alert was hit. Only when I come back to that symbol.

There was a few times a few times the $TICK here 800 and I didn't have the chart open so it never triggered. Never showed up in the history alerts either.

zmeszaros

Would be helpful to have a Description column in the Watchlist. So next to the symbol we could see the name of the instrument.

iamkmkcinney

Would be nice if we could set an alert to when a candle closes above or below a price/level

hokxj

1. Being able to export the entire trade report trades tab.
  2. Keeping entire trade history locally, not just whatever is in rithmic/cqg.
  3. Setting defaults for the PL targets chart tool. Eg. 1st target 20 ticks, 2nd target 50 ticks etc.
  4. Ruler shows ticks as an option as well as points.
  5. Ability to show labels next to current bar (eg. bar countdown)

bart

1. Being able to export the entire trade report trades tab.
  2. Keeping entire trade history locally, not just whatever is in rithmic/cqg.
  3. Setting defaults for the PL targets chart tool. Eg. 1st target 20 ticks, 2nd target 50 ticks etc.
  4. Ruler shows ticks as an option as well as points.
  5. Ability to show labels next to current bar (eg. bar countdown)

Hey I notied some of these features are already here:

2. I have tradestation and their API doesn't store more than 48 hours of trade history but Motivewave saves them and I have 2 months of trade history saved.
3. On the bottom of the DOM you turn on brackets? with that you can set your target and stop as soon as your enter a turn. I don't use this but I know there is a video on it.

5. The bar countdown label is there? When I right click on the chart- chart settings - labels- bar countdown. It works for tick and minute data for me. shows on the top right.

iamkmkcinney

I'd like to see the exit strategy have options to change as the trade gets further in profit. Similar to Ninja Trader.
The user is allowed to have different Auto Trail strategies as the trade increases in profit.
But this strategy doesn't have to begin til the trade is a specific amount in profit. Ideally motivewave could add something similar.
Right now there is only one catch all strategy which can be limiting.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-03 185602.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-03 185602.png
    11 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2021-02-10 195537.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-10 195537.png
    16 KB · Views: 16

LearningEW

This feature would be handy - Update charts RT or predefined interval from CSV without having to changing the bar time frame