EXTENDED BOX OR RECTANGLES

luis1king

HI MW COMMUNITY, I WANT TO KNOW IF MW INCLUDES THIS FEATURE WHEN YOU DRAW A BOX OR RECTAGLE. I THINK THAT IT IS VERY USEFUL BECAUSE I LIKE DRAW MY OWN SUPPOR AND RESISTANT ZONES.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello luis1king,

If you open the Components Panel (View > Components) under the General section we have a Support Area and a Resistance Area. You can drag one on your chart and extend them both directions by double-clicking the component to bring up it's properties, you can also make changes to color and other settings. Once you have modified them to your liking you can select Default > Save Default. Now each time you use that Component it will remember your settings.

abctrading

@luis1king - Here is what I did to work around this same subject and it works great, if you don't like the default S/R tool.

I created a custom tool using the Channel Tool as my base tool. I then added it to my tool bar and I also made a keyboard shortcut for it as well as the extend right and left options. You can then add line color and thickness and fill colors into your tool bar as well for making changes if you want. Here is a screenshot of how I use the channel with an extension to the right to help define an area of interest.

and how I made it