Evolving POC/Value Area on TPO/Volume Studies

Omegaknight

I would like to have the option of having the POC and Value Areas printed as a square line so that I can see how they are updated throughout the trading day. Currently they are just a line that reprints over the whole trading day and you can't see what the previous values were.

Last edited:

t85

YES! Been meaning to ask about this as well but someone else was thinking about it, so I will SECOND and THIRD and FOURTH this request! This is needed on the TPO as well as other things like the OHLC indicators day hi/low/mid too.

t85

Wonder if it would also be possible to add a checkable/toggle option to show a line for "half-back" for each period.

i.e. when this option is turned on, it would show a small line or diff color or a box for the halfway point of each period (A, B, C, etc).

Captain Vine

I will 6th this request. This technique is pretty critical to the technique and give MW an edge in competing with WindoTrader.

MrHwang

Totally agree. Where I learned it, we call it "developing" point of control or dVPOC for volume profile. It is certainly useful to know how it the POC developed during the day.

+1

Ps. Someone should also make it more clear that, in order to show the profile for the current session and prior sessions, you use the Volume Imprint rather than the Volume Profile. Very counterintuitive. But I digress.

Jan

+1

This is an important feature that a lot of software packages have nowadays. Market / Volume profile analysis often requires to understand the evolution of the POC / VPOC and value areas over time (like within a given day. It would be great if you could make that available!

@MotiveWave_Joe Can this please be added to the feature request sheet? :)

Last edited:

Daimao

I do not want to see a bunch of lines on my TPO charts, especially if I didn't manually put them there. In fact, the only lines I want to see are the ones I manually put there and label. Everything else should be handled via TPO color, hollow boxes, background shading, and strike through (in the case of halfback). The migrating POC should be a color of TPO, and that color should take priority over the current TPO color. Take this example from Windotrader, which is basically the best way to implement TPO charts. They're the only ones who implement Market Profile properly. Not just in base functionality, but also in customization.

Attachments

• 01-POC.silver.png
    01-POC.silver.png
    34 KB · Views: 40