Error when showing data in weekly / monthly timeframes

Fernando Sanchez

Hello,
I would like to ask if anyone has come across the following error when selecting weekly / monthly timeframes

"No data available. Unable to change bat size, no data is available for the specific period"

If I go to daily and move back to the past and afterwards get back to weekly, it works. But when launching Motivewave again and going directly to weekly, the error shows up again.
The curious thing about this error is that only happens for certain elements, such us for instance USDCAD and AUDUSD within all the FX pairs.

I much appreciate any clue you might provide
Thanks a lot

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi Fernando,
Who are you connecting to for data? Those fx symbols seem to be based on the Google/Yahoo feed which has limited historical data. Google stopped supporting the free feed years ago, so although it does seem to work, there can be issues. If you are looking for free forex data, try connecting with a free demo account available from FXCM, Oanda or Forex.com.

Fernando Sanchez

Hello,
I have to brokers, with real accounts, OANDA and FXCM, both workspaces set in in cloud, under the same MotiveWave instance.Both workspaces have the same settings.
With FXCM all works fine, but with OANDA (despide all the data is loaded much faster than with FXCM) it continuously shows the error when going to weekly timeframe
Please finad attached the exact error.
Thanks a lot
Fernando

Attachments

• Error mv.png
    Error mv.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 5