Different count via Auto Analyse(F6) and Auto Elliot Wave Count from Study

Rahul

Hi, i have checked instances where the count differs while choosing Auto Analyse and Auto Elliot Wave count chosen from Overlay.. Since the backend Software is the same, the least one can expect is to give consistent count.. and not to confuse

i have attached one example.. i saw plenty

Left is from overlay from Study and right is Auto Analyse.. which one one should take..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-13 20.25.07.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-13 20.25.07.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 32

Essaidovski

Hi ,
I had the same problem .
This is the answer I have got from MT :

Each timeframe is a different chart with a different data set/number of bars being used to calculate the EW patterns, so they are not going to match. The auto EW tools, like Auto Analyze, Auto EW Study, use an algorithm based on the data provided to calculate the best pattern fit based on an algorithmic score.

When you change the timeframe, you are using a different data set, so you're going to get different results.

You would need to make sure that you started the analysis at the exact same Start Date and time on each chart (vs using the Data Window option: https://support.motivewave.com/knowledge-base/elliott-wave-data-window-vs-start-date/). You should see similar results between the charts if you do this, but even then, it's going to show some differences as the lower timeframes use more data points than the higher timeframes.

Rahul

Thanks for the revert..if you see the attached file, its the same daily time-frame.. moreover I had used all available data..in fact higher degree 1 is also matching.. its the wave 2 correction which is showing a disconnect with different placement of ABC and hence the confusion

Essaidovski

Yes I have always the same problem with the wave 2 😡😡.
Now I try to use the ratio between waves (W2/W4).... Etc.
I also try to use the time ratio .
Hope it will helps you .