Data fees when using Interactive Brokers

mk998

I have connected to Interactive Brokers via TWS.
On IB I do not have market data package for different markets.
For every real time stock price update request on TWS I get usually charged by IB of a fee per request.

I am wondering how Motivewave works in this case.
Is the software asking for realtime prices when I open specific charts causing IB to bill my account for the price update?
If yes is there a way to disable this?

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

MotiveWave will ask for both historical and real time data at the time of opening a chart. It will also update watchlists with incoming price changes. You would need to have your watch lists closed in order to avoid those updates. Any open positions or orders may also request live updates. There is no feature at the moment to limit the data to historical data only. One option that you can try is to set your real time data to Google from the Advanced tab from the Add Connection dialogue window. This will force MotiveWave to pull the realtime data from Google. We cannot guarantee that this method will completely avoid real time requests but may help reduce the real time data requests. Also, Google stopped supporting their feed years ago so not all symbols may update real time. We therefore, recommend the Google feed for demo purposes only.

Attachments

• googlerealtime.png
    googlerealtime.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 20

ScottyA

I have connected to Interactive Brokers via TWS.
On IB I do not have market data package for different markets.
For every real time stock price update request on TWS I get usually charged by IB of a fee per request.

Why not pay for the non-pro IB "US Securities Snapshot and Futures Value Bundle?" It's super cheap and easily solves the issue!