data download

vekian

Hi people. Does anyone know how to set up motivewave to automatically download data (even if it's 15 or 20mins delayed is ok)? Every 5, 10 or 15 mins, or as tick data? It used to work before Google changed their format a couple of years ago but I can't get it to work now. Do you use a free service or paid?

Nation

I would love this as a feature but I have a work around I use to preload 'some' data. I use the new custom columns features in BETA 6 and create a custom column with the RSI Divergence study. Then use the tick setting.
This seems to pull in near term tick data, without a chart.

MW really should preload, a user defined period of history when a ticker is added to a watchlist. That would save a ton of time,

I use IQfeed

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

Historical data is typically loaded with charts and studies / strategies as needed. This ensures that resources are used efficiently in keeping the platform as responsive as possible and not over taxing your system unnecessarily. The typical use case for watch lists is to look at incoming data changes and not accessing historical data as in the case of charts and studies. Many users have hundreds of tickers in their watch lists and preloading data for all those tickers would not be resource efficient considering the use case.

I have added preloading data to our feature request list as there are use cases when it make more sense to do so.

Nation

Excellent that this feature gets a shot at the roadmap. The custom coulmn on watchlist to load historical data works, but you have no clue as to the progress. With RSI divergence custom column set to tick, it will fetch the tick data, but on something like $ES it will take a long while before the custom column gets populated so you know you're done.

Peter

I’m having a problem of accessing the futures data from TradeStation. Can access other indices like currencies but not the major four like /ym and /es.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi Peter,

Are you able to pull up the continuous contracts using the symbols @YM and @ES?

If not, please contact us at support@motivewave.com so we can go over a few things.

Best,
Joe