Daily Volume Profile

parthpat

Is it possible to get Daily Volume Profiles with VAH, VAL,Mid, High, Low with labels?

Something like this?
1633002303230.png

Donovan2580

Try using the TPO study - It has everything you are looking for. You can disable displaying the actual TPO chart, leaving the volume profile and the labels you are looking for.

You can also use the Volume Profile tool from the components bar, but to my knowledge that only sets up 1 profile and I am not sure how to repeat it. Perhaps someone here knows if that can be done.

The Volume Imprint study can get you the volume profiles you are looking for (calculated daily) but the options for labeling the high/low of the day are not there.

Last edited:

aminus04

Is it possible to get Daily Volume Profiles with VAH, VAL,Mid, High, Low with labels?

Something like this?
View attachment 1048
Volume imprint is what you want. Just add to your chart and check on Profile and then go to the profile tab and customize as you like. I currently have mine to print weekly volume profiles on my hourly chart

Donovan2580

Volume imprint is what you want. Just add to your chart and check on Profile and then go to the profile tab and customize as you like. I currently have mine to print weekly volume profiles on my hourly chart
Is there a way to show High / Low of the day through Volume Imprint?

Donovan2580

Couple of ways.. you could go thru the chart settings (as shown in the thumbnail) or add an OHLC study on the chart
Thanks for the reply - Going through chart settings will show you the current day only. I have tried the OHLC study on a Volume Imprint chart and it will not populate.

That is why I had suggested using the TPO study - I don't know another way to get it to label multiple days.

Your OHLC study will mark the high / low of the days on a volume imprint chart like this? Perhaps I have a setting wrong - It would make my life a lot easier if it would 😬

1633118048096.png

Last edited:

aminus04

Thanks for the reply - Going through chart settings will show you the current day only. I have tried the OHLC study on a Volume Imprint chart and it will not populate.

That is why I had suggested using the TPO study - I don't know another way to get it to label multiple days.

Your OHLC study will mark the high / low of the days on a volume imprint chart like this? Perhaps I have a setting wrong - It would make my life a lot easier if it would 😬

View attachment 1053
Oh gotcha yea apologies, I missed that you wanted it for current day. I think TPO would be the way to go and maybe play with the settings to hide the boxes/letters?? FWIW this is my current set up. I look at the high and low based off the TPOs lolspoo.PNG

parthpat

Thanks guys this is exactly what I was looking for. One thing is, how do I have High/Low line above the TPO chart and not extend till end. Similar to what you have.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 14.52.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 14.52.23 PM.png
    57 KB · Views: 33

millioner

I'try to inser a daily volume inprint on my 15m graph but the profile start at 1/2 daily and not at start of the daily

Bgdaddysmooth

Try using the TPO study - It has everything you are looking for. You can disable displaying the actual TPO chart, leaving the volume profile and the labels you are looking for.

You can also use the Volume Profile tool from the components bar, but to my knowledge that only sets up 1 profile and I am not sure how to repeat it. Perhaps someone here knows if that can be done.

The Volume Imprint study can get you the volume profiles you are looking for (calculated daily) but the options for labeling the high/low of the day are not there.
I like this idea but am having trouble figuring out how to disable the TPO. Any help would be appreciated.

Donovan2580

I like this idea but am having trouble figuring out how to disable the TPO. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess I should have worded that a little better... Uncheck everything you can on the "Display" tab of the TPO study settings page... What you cannot turn off, set to a color with full transparency and it will just be invisible. :)

Bgdaddysmooth

I guess I should have worded that a little better... Uncheck everything you can on the "Display" tab of the TPO study settings page... What you cannot turn off, set to a color with full transparency and it will just be invisible. :)
Ahh. What do you mean by “full transparency”? Is that just setting the color to the same as the background?

Donovan2580

When you go into the color selector click on "More Colors"

1672768840618.png

It will not matter what color you have... If you set the opacity to zero it will essentially be see-through and therefore not visible.

1672768909236.png