Custom Buy/Sell Buttons?

ScottyA

Running 6-3H, and watched the video.

How does one create custom buttons like the ones in the video (2 ticks below Bid and 2 ticks above Ask)?

What I want to do is create buttons such as MKT +1, MKT +2, MKT -1, and MKT -2.

Cheers,

Scotty

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hi Scotty,

You can create these from the Trade Panel Preferences or DOM Preferences. If using the DOM you can open the Preferences and then go to the Bottom Panel tab and click the + icon to add widgets or buttons. In your example you would want to use LMT -2 for a custom buy button.

ScottyA

Awesome. Thanks Jason.

Now, how do I create "quantity-specific" buttons such as MKT +1, MKT +2, MKT -1, and MKT -2?

For example... if I'm trading 4 lots and want to quickly reduce my load by -2, is there a way to create a button for Sell -2, rather than having to select the quantity and then hit Sell MKT? Does that make sense?

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hi Scotty,

We don't currently have the ability to assign quantities to the buttons. I can add this as a feature request if you would like?

We did however add order quantity to the hotkeys (Configure > Preferences > General > Keyboard) which are linked to your Order Presets, so now you can quickly hit 1,2,3,4 etc. on your keyboard to change the quantity.

ScottyA

Ah, yes! I read that but forgot about that update.

I'll try it for now, but yes, please add this to the feature request!

Cheers,

Scotty