Cumulative Delta Reset

heispark

Bookmap's cumulative delta doesn't reset when market opens. Why MW has to do this? It's very inconvenient and it makes overlaid indicators inaccurate. As Bookmap did it already, you can do it as well!

2019-11-16_01-56-05.png

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello heispark,

When does Bookmap reset the cumulative delta study? Beginning of each ETH session?

If so, this can be done in MotiveWave by unchecking the "Reset RTH" option, with this unchecked it will reset on the ETH session instead.

Regards.

heispark

Hello heispark,

When does Bookmap reset the cumulative delta study? Beginning of each ETH session?

If so, this can be done in MotiveWave by unchecking the "Reset RTH" option, with this unchecked it will reset on the ETH session instead.

View attachment 124

Regards.
I tried this already but when I disabled this option, cumulative delta looked somewhat different.... I will report the issue with screenshot next week.

heispark

I tried this already but when I disabled this option, cumulative delta looked somewhat different.... I will report the issue with screenshot next week.
As you can see, MW's CD looks different when compared to Bookmap's.

2019-11-18_23-40-15.png

2019-11-18_23-40-48.png

My understanding is this is due to each platform calculates it differently. I also found some more details from the following Sierra Chart document:

2019-11-18_23-42-07.png

It's somewhat more complicated than I thought...... 😐

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
As you can see, MW's CD looks different when compared to Bookmap's.
My understanding is this is due to each platform calculates it differently. I also found some more details from the following Sierra Chart document:
It's somewhat more complicated than I thought...... 😐

For the Bookmap vs MotiveWave comparison, were you using the same data feed on each platform? Rithmic vs Rithmic or CQG vs CQG?

Connections can tag trades differently (whether the trade was at the bid or ask) which will cause some differences between the delta.

heispark

For the Bookmap vs MotiveWave comparison, were you using the same data feed on each platform? Rithmic vs Rithmic or CQG vs CQG?

Connections can tag trades differently (whether the trade was at the bid or ask) which will cause some differences between the delta.
Yes, they are both Rithmic. That's around market open and I guess that difference was caused by calculation method difference between the two platforms..... (Bookmap is also set to reset CD on every 18:00 ET)

/NG

Last edited:

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello heispark,

Have you been able to test this against another charting platform with Rithmic?

I know Bookmap has variations on cumulative delta and other settings, I just want to confirm that you are set to the standard delta setting as described in their support documents? https://bookmap.com/wiki/Advanced_CVD

Regards.

heispark

Hello heispark,

Have you been able to test this against another charting platform with Rithmic?

I know Bookmap has variations on cumulative delta and other settings, I just want to confirm that you are set to the standard delta setting as described in their support documents? https://bookmap.com/wiki/Advanced_CVD

Regards.
Hi, Jason

I have only MW and Bookmap which support CD. TOS or TradingView don't support this. I use pretty default settings of CD in Bookmap. Most of the time, MW and Bookmap show similar CD but during around market open, they often diverge each other and make different high or low.....

Thanks
Justin

heispark

To be honest, Bookmap's CD looks more reliable after around market open. MW's CD looks somewhat overshooting during this period.

heispark

Today's example. Mismatching started about an hour before market open....
/NG

Price is falling while CD is rising? :rolleyes:

Either MW or Bookmap's wrong. It cannot be so different. Anyone can post other platforms such as Ninja or Sierra?

Last edited:

heispark

This is /NG CD from Sierra Chart. It's identical to Bookmap:

(default out of the box study settings (no changes made) in use)

Last edited:

heispark

Lastly, this is 30M Sierra chart I found in the Internet. It seems it supports continuous cumulative delta (stitched each daily CD lines). It would be great if MW also supports this feature.....

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Lastly, this is 30M Sierra chart I found in the Internet. It seems it supports continuous cumulative delta (stitched each daily CD lines). It would be great if MW also supports this feature.....

When does the CV start in this example? Do you pick a start date or is it previous X days?

Thank you.

Clementine

Hi. Has there been any progress with this? I've started using Cumulative Delta myself, and it is annoying that it starts over each day. I would love to have an option to see continuous data for longer periods (i.e. have the cumulation begin with the first visible data on the screen, or X periods, or whatever. I might want to exclude after hours data, if it looks funky, but even so, it seems like I should be able to keep adding to the cumulative information using the last delta at close + first delta at open.)

Piggybacking off of the topic of 'Cumulative' functionality, many times I have wished that Motive Wave offered this as an option in the same way that StockCharts does. I follow a group that is very successful in following the cumulative NYHL (NYHL is the NY SE new highs - new lows, displayed. Here is a link to StockChart's version of the Cumulative NYHL: https://stockcharts.com/articles/ma...ghs-versus-cumulative-net-new-highs-nyhl.html ) In Motivewave I can set up a custom Instrument that is a spread, but I can't view that spread in cumulative mode. (I'd like to use the Bid-Ask cumulative in the same way as the NYHL in the link.)

Thanks!

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello Clementine,

I have added your feature request.

There is no update on the cumulative delta for more than a day. The request was added a while back though.

Regards.

rzmw

Cumulative Delta should default to continuous mode and then give users an option to reset at ETH or reset at both sessions ETH and RTH just like Sierra Chart.
MW's options to reset at ETH/RTH in the CD study and TPO study do not make sense to me, so I'm sticking with Sierra Chart for accurate order flow and volume analysis for now.

Attachments

• 1590260191349.png
    1590260191349.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 0

nocciolate

This must a joke.. the reset on the cum vol delta indicator makes it more or less unusable on anything higher than 5-10 min interval charts.. especially in markets that are open 24/7.. like binance. Disabling this should be a one-line-of-code-removal-process.