Correct starting point of EW

LarryDB

To get the accurate wave count, must you always start at the very beginning of the symbol's data?

Per

I think the general idea is to analyse backwards as far as you can go, to ensure you are misinterpreting the count you are basing yours on.

I suggest you look at Technical Analysis by Lara Iriarte CMT, where she goes through and does a EW count for various Crypto junk and it is probably one of the best tutorials on the MW EW tooling you can watch right now. She uses MW to do her EW counts and in that video she is doing it live. I believe there is one more earlier video around this time period which also illustrates it quite well.

LarryDB

I think the general idea is to analyse backwards as far as you can go, to ensure you are misinterpreting the count you are basing yours on.

I suggest you look at Technical Analysis by Lara Iriarte CMT, where she goes through and does a EW count for various Crypto junk and it is probably one of the best tutorials on the MW EW tooling you can watch right now. She uses MW to do her EW counts and in that video she is doing it live. I believe there is one more earlier video around this time period which also illustrates it quite well.
Great...Thank you

tp618

Start from the top of the bottom. I prefer to start with a Monthly or Weekly chart and then focus on daily / hourly as needed.