Contract Roll Options

VPOC_trader

1655385250033.png

Wanted to post here to see if anyone could help assist.. for contract roll I use the volume option. However, the back adjust method is where I get confused. I am not quite understanding the expectations of each method. I would like to use the most simple approach/ true approach to period VWAPs. I would like those to remain true and "pure" if that makes sense...it would also be nice if I didn't have to adjust drawings.. but not a big deal on that one.. could anyone help me understand this? Thank you!

Donovan2580

If you want everything to remain the same after you roll (IE - ATH stays the same, last week low remains the same) you would want "Unadjusted". All of your old key levels, single prints, gaps, etc will remain at the same price.

That basically keeps everything in the past exactly the same and if the difference between the old and the new contract is 2 points - The new numbers will just start to populate on rollover day being shifted 2 points.

Does that help at all / make any sense? :)

Also a nice tip that I learned the hard way - If you make a backup of your workspace right before you roll it will be a life saver... Let's say you roll over and you do not like the way it came in - You can just restore the workspace and give it another shot, If you have already rolled over and it made a mess, chances are you can find a good restore point.

General Preferences > General > Backup will show you the directory they are automatically stored in.

Last edited: