class file for javafx.scene.Node not found

a_edwall

I am trying to compile a custom study and get this message:

The lines of code are:

var sd = createSD();

sd.addQuickSettings(new SliderDescriptor(K_PERIOD, get("LBL_K_PERIOD"), 11, 1, 9999, true, () -> Enums.Icon.SINE_WAVE.get()));
sd.addQuickSettings(new SliderDescriptor(D_PERIOD, get("LBL_D_PERIOD"), 3, 1, 9999, true, () -> Enums.Icon.SINE_WAVE.get()));

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I copied all the files from: "C:\Program Files\MotiveWave\javafx\lib"

to here: "C:\Users\me_user\eclipse-workspace\MotiveWave Studies Examples\MotiveWave Studies\lib"

And now the script compiles and displays the 2 sliders.

Last edited:

quantlabsnet

I am not sure if the following could help but here I go:

I have heard back from CEO Tony on this thanks to the speedy response. . It seems you can remove these lines similar to:

sd.addQuickSettings(new SliderDescriptor(K_PERIOD, get("LBL_K_PERIOD"), 11, 1, 9999, true, () -> Enums.Icon.SINE_WAVE.get()));
sd.addQuickSettings(new SliderDescriptor(D_PERIOD, get("LBL_D_PERIOD"), 3, 1, 9999, true, () -> Enums.Icon.SINE_WAVE.get()));

I was not sure if there would be cascading impact on the rest of the study code or degrade the overall performance of MotiveWave when running. Also, I am trying out Open JDK 17 with Intellij IDE On Linux Mint to see how this works.

quantlabsnet

gravityflyer

I am trying to compile a custom study and get this message:

The lines of code are:

var sd = createSD();

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I copied all the files from: "C:\Program Files\MotiveWave\javafx\lib"

to here: "C:\Users\me_user\eclipse-workspace\MotiveWave Studies Examples\MotiveWave Studies\lib"

And now the script compiles and displays the 2 sliders.

Your 'update' helped me as well! 🙌

For those working on a Mac, I repeated a_edwall's steps as follows,

Copied files from: Mac HD > Applications > MotiveWave > Contents > javafx

to here: Mac HD > Users > userID > eclipse-workspace > MotiveWave Studies Example > MotiveWave Studies > lib

Reactions: SA1

designer01

Hello, I am getting the same issue when compiling new versions of MW java code with studies that contain the "SliderDescriptor" in the code. The SliderDescriptor creates the setting symbol with the study input slider feature. See image below. Not sure what the problem is but if you comment "//" the line where the SliderDescriptor exists it should compile but you will not get the slider feature in the study. If anyone has a solution to this problem will be appreciated. BTW I did include the snippet "import com.motivewave.platform.sdk.common.desc.SliderDescriptor; " in the code but did not help. Thanks.

1663726694341.png