CBOE-Europe Data from Barchart

StefanDE

Hi,

I' m using the Barchart data feed. Up until now everything went fine. Now I wanted to analyse the European markets (Germany is my home market) and ordered the CBOE Europe realtime feed.

In the MotiveWave Search I can't access any CBOE values. Barchart support told me, that CBOE is part of my subscription and everything should work just fine.

Has anyone similar experiences with Barchart and knows how to fix the problem.

Greetings.

Leatherneck

I'm having the same problem as well. I pay for streaming cboe europe and I don't even get the option to get the data into my motivewave

StefanDE

Hi Leatherneck,

I contacted the Motivewave support and they offered me a solution that works. Unfortunately it's quite laborious.

"Hi Stefan,

Try manually defining those symbols. This can be done via the Configure > Instruments menu:

MW1.png

Once you click on the Define button, you can then insert the symbol's details:

MW2.png

Once defined, they will be available by typing them in the symbol box in the upper left hand corner of the platform. Alternatively, you can double click the symbol in the local database to bring up its' chart:

MW3.png

Per

Isn't it possible to drag down the symbol universe from say Barchart CBOE CXE (download as spreadsheet) and then mangle it and import it, so as to avoid the manual monkey work?

Per

1. Go to Barchart CBOE CXE
  2. Click "Export as CSV"
  3. Open it up in your spreadsheet thingy, separator is "," (comma)
  4. See instructions at https://www.motivewave.com/support/import_instruments.htm
  5. See instructions at https://www.motivewave.com/examples/instruments.txt
  6. Change the first line as below
  7. Search and replace Equity to Stock after selecting the "Type" column
  8. Consider adding an Exchange column before and setting it for each symbol
I am guessing if you have an exchange set you can do scanning etc...so might be a benefit.

I can send you the spreadsheet I updated just now if you like. I'm not adding it here in case some copyright nut wakes up.

Like so:

1629482165119.png

Import:

1629482705394.png

Spreadsheet:

1629482448699.png

Last edited: